Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: corel draw or Illustrator?

Junior Member signguru is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Corel does it for me!

I am a sign guy and cut my teeth on Coreldraw 3, now on 15. Illustrator seems clunky to me, but it is what you get used to. I do know that I can edit a vector image faster in Corel than Illustrator. Corel seems to have a steeper learning curve though.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Donor lephot is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Yes , Illustrator has the best compatibilityn is more open abd can edit PDF files which is very important to me !
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member univers1314 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

coredraw is Too many questions

coredraw is Too many questions for print .Such as Transparent,Effect

Donor PommiePaul is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Illustrator Everytime

Illustrator every time – Corel draw maybe ok for the kids to play with but If you want to be professional…

I would consider inkscape before Corel Draw.

PRC Member saifou will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    corel is littel bit illustrator + quark
    u can use corel to convert some file to other format
    support better autocad and hpgl lang then illustrator
    used for cutting or driving some plotter or cnc machine throw plugin
    built in simple impostion
    its generic illustration software and simple DTP software
    u can do some job that illust ca not do
    Adobe Illus it powerfull illustration software that s all
    Last edited by saifou; 06-25-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Junior Member yeppir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The late FreeHand, hands-down.
    Illustrator is for people who want to be jerked-around by the clueless Adobe programmers who think they know better than the designer how to provide a GUI for graphic design...FreeHand (real-world designers controlled the GUI, telling the programmers that they are nothing but mere coders) is for people who are serious about graphic design.
    Last edited by yeppir; 06-25-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Banned Q840av is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Wink Freehand

I'm a FreeHand fan, but between Illustrator and CorelDraw, Illustrator wins in my book. It's user interface is more in line with what I would expect (I know Corel can be configured to one's heart, but that's another story)

Junior Member kkirk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Illustrator is very convenient to me for the compatibility w pdf and ps

Junior Member mskt86 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Without doubt is the illustrator, with illustrator can do what you want without limitation corel lock already a lot is very bad.

Banned Sbocky is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    lower the professional graphic illustrator is mandatory

11. Your ad here

Junior Member fabricio is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Corel Down --- Upstrator

Really...

Corel Draw WAS better then Illustrator....

A long time ago, when Corel current version is 11 without doubt I say.. Corel is the best, no way the Illustrator (truncked, not pratical, ugly...) become better.
    BUT
    Since CS colletions illustrator has some improves. A LOT OF IMPROVES!
    Many Corel draw long date users see your software stop in time.
    Finally today Illustrator CS5 is superior. No excuses for corel user dont give up and embrace the illustrator world.
    The most important update is multi artbox. cause now you can make several pages in only one file. This equals two softwares bigger diference.

Junior Member petermover is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    After 4 years of hard work on Corel (as flexo prepress!), now I use mostly Illu and PS, just because I had to use MAC at my new workplace.
    It was 2 months of hard, allnight long practice to use the Illu like Corel.

Illu is better to handle gradients, transparency and effects, the clipping mask is more better than Power Clip, etc.. Illu is also better to handle text layouts and text effects (for example: space between characters are more smooth, and more configurable than in Corel)

Now I say, Corel is for signmakers and copyshops for doing basic, easy AW's.
    There are many effects and solutions that Corel can't do. In Corel, you have to do it in Corel Paint or you can't do.

But I also say that Illustrator is for beginner "professional graphic artists"...
    It's good for doing everything you want, but there are many bugs also. For example writing a PostScript from an effected vector and also raster image embedded AW is terrible. I have to search 3/10 times what effect is disturbing the upper layers.

After that, Acrobat can't appear the AW so smoothly, like other PDF viewers. I don't know why? For example: draw some shapes with 0,4 mm white strokes, and save as PDF. Now check it in Acrobat, and you will realize, that the white strokes are like 2 mm thick. If you zoom in, naturally it will be decrease to it's normal size, but if you zoom to fit the window, it will be very disturbing. Mac OSX's quick preview (hit space on the file) will show you the PDF so smooth, like in Illustrator. That's what I call compatibility between Adobe softwares...... Pff...

If you are real professional, you will use professional software also. We are using ArtPro for doing rotogravure and flexo prepress... Illu is only for doing dry-offset and basic flexo prepress.

Every job has it's own professional software, Illustrator is just a hyped software for doing everything in a normal quality, also for low price. I don't say it is bad, but not the best like everybody says.

Cheers

Donor dzianis.puhach is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    CorelDraw is much more problems than Illustrator + CorelDraw don't work fine with ICC

bowden
    Quote Originally Posted by dzianis.puhach View Post
    CorelDraw is much more problems than Illustrator + CorelDraw don't work fine with ICC
    Hmmm, its rumors for years, Corel from version 10 and up is no problem for correct color printing with ICC profiles.

Donor dzianis.puhach is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bowden View Post
    Hmmm, its rumors for years, Corel from version 10 and up is no problem for correct color printing with ICC profiles.
    I mean, it's impossible to show true colors on monitor (even when properly set color space and when the display is calibrated)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast