+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constructive criticism request.

Banned oneeyedjoe is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Constructive criticism request.

Hi guys, I'm after some feedback from anybody generous enough to offer it.

I am a total noob in the industry but started a job at a small, full service sign shop. I am starting a BTEC extende level 3 in creative media next month but at present am totally self taught and just starting to learn the basics.

So I snagged a job for a family members' driving school and have designed a small sign to be mounted on sheet magnet. It's basic but served as a good way for me to learn how some of the illustrator (CS6) and Photoshop (CS3) tools work.

I followed a two text tutorials for the type and used a free vector background, so there was minimal skill involved really but I am as I said a beginner in the extreme.
    Any advice or criticism I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Be brutal guys!

Thanks in advance.

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    I find a lot of things in disarray, would be a good idea to first sort items.

Aja
    Junior Member Aja is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I guess it's too much of colors and some objects are quite difficult.

Is it real company logo? I find it a bit messy. If its for your family members and you are doing whole style for them I would recommend to start by working on proper logo.

1. create logo
    2. decide what colors you will use in it, what secondary colors (like background) could go with this logo.
    3. start to create magnet design that goes with logo

Banned vasilescu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It looks interesting, composition-wise, although it might be a bit too crowded to be easy readable.
    Also, the fact that the letters are spread out and of different colors may lead to the idea of childhood, which might not be what the client expects.
    Other than that, it's interesting, you can practice some more to find other new stuff to do in Illustrator/Photoshop. :)

Banned drewdochop is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Everything is all over the place. I agree with the past comment saying how the different colors make it look very childhood-like. Also the different colors and the jumbled letters makes it illegible. The stuff you're doing would work for like a poster or something but not a sign. Signs need to be easily read; people are not going to stop and take their time to read it. They need to be able to glance and understand what is says.

Member zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    The road background works fine for a driving school, but the type all looks like it's colliding, like a traffic accident (maybe that's the point). So that idea goes against a driving school, which is all about rules, order and safety.

+ Reply to Thread