Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best laptop for design on the go

Junior Member gavilau is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Macbook pro 15"

Macbook Pro 15", i think 13in is too small to work on graphics.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned stgoethe is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    MacBook Pro 15" for in-house use,
    MacBook Air 13" works well on-the-go.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned belac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    PCs are my preference. Currently using an ASUS zenbook 31A. Definitely go with anything with 1080p resolution or higher.

Donor Indy_98 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Macbook 15inch with anti-glare display. You still can find them in the refurbiched mac store or buy second hand....

Junior Member rodolpho is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I can totally understand the macbook pro crowd! If i had the means, i would go with the latest 13" retina model: the higher resolution is especially good for working with fonts. The OS is also big advantage. SSD is a must nowadays. Has the best touchpad ever -- also important when on the road. I think the macs have also come a long way becoming a really good deal (bang for buck), even though extras are costly.

However, when it comes to repairabilty or extensibility they can be a pain.

On the windows side, there will be an interesting competitor: the Dell m3800. If battery life and portability are not that important, the Dell m4800 is also to be considered: matte "retina" screen, muliple harddisk bays, easy repairability, quadro graphics cards etc. (but also heavy, hungry and pricey.) If you look on the pc front, one of the more reliable review sites is www.notebookcheck.net and always pay attention to the monitor quality as this will be one of your most important assets for graphical work.

Hope this helps.

Banned rowanc88 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    MacBook Pro, 15inch.

Don't like anything smaller, or slower really. I get too frustrated with both

Banned yllizymberi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

macbook pro 17

macbook pro 17

Banned MrJenks is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Tbh I think the "you must have a Mac if you're a designer" thing is getting old now. I've been freelancing for a few years now on a Windows machine (Envy dv7) and it's more than adequate. I will say that the screens on Macs are great though

Member sim888 is just really nice sim888 is just really nice sim888 is just really nice sim888 is just really nice sim888 is just really nice
    Thanks
    I don't think its a 'designer=mac' thing (though don't get me wrong, a LOT of designers do - i do :P)...I think it's more of a 'thats what we learnt on' kinda thing to some degree. One interesting thing is though, i have seen about 8 or 9 people make the switch to mac over the last year or so, and beleive me, they aren't going back to windows anytime soon (i'm not bashing windows, i have no problem with it, just making observations :))

I have a 15" MBP - smaller would be odd to do actual work on, but the 13" are good to have around for showing work/web/general stuff

Banned fndoor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I do all my work on a MacBook Pro 15". It's the perfect combination of portability and power.

11. Your ad here

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3