+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antetype or Sketch?

kjc
    Junior Member kjc is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Antetype or Sketch?

I've been using Illustrator for UI design and I realized how silly it can be sometimes. I'm planning on switching to Antetype or Sketch.

Any Antetype/Sketch users here? How's the experience so far? Which app do you think is the best?

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    I've never used "Antetype" but it seems interesting.
    One Tutorial Antetype...

Banned ramyd is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am still using Fireworks for UI design but the beta for Mac Affinity looks very interesting.

Junior Member sealgrass is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I also haven't used Antetype before, but have switched over to Sketch for web and UI design. It's really fast and straightforward, stripped down to everything that feels 'necessary', and a lot of functionality feels much more efficient and targeted towards web/UI design (like the treatment and grouping of artboards, easy export options, etc). Illustrator is still more powerful, I think, but for just UI design I think Sketch gets the job done more quickly and efficiently. There also look to be good Sketch preset kits for UI design on iOS or Android that help.

Normal Member autopilot is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sketch by FAR.
    I used Fireworks a lot, and it was a good software, but it had his time.
    I also used Photoshop because I was curious, even though i knew it would be a disaster. They keep trying to improve it to make web design but this is not the true essence of Photoshop.
    Illustrator is one of my favorite softwares, and i believe its also good for web design, so i just use it along with sketch because sketch lacks of good vector tools.

Hope this can help someone !

Junior Member Pling is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Don't know antetype, but can recommend Sketch. Used Illustrator and Photoshop before, but since switching I've never looked back. One of the things you don't hear very much but is important for me is that the design in sketch somehow looks closer to how it will look in production, like a browser or on a device. Think it has to do with the antialiasing of text they use.

Junior Member gilty is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I haven't used Antetype. But I've been using Sketch.

Compared with Photoshop, Sketch has many pluses, but also many minuses. On the plus side is the lightweight drag-and-drop style vector approach from Keynote. Alas, I have found Sketch be buggy and not really mature as a product. I'm also concerned about passing sketch docs to developers as pngs.

It is unrealistic to expect developers to pick up and learn sketch for a single project, so unless it is part of an established workflow, it's probably best to stick with what the developers are familiar with.

Junior Member iamnobody is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gilty View Post
    I haven't used Antetype. But I've been using Sketch.

Compared with Photoshop, Sketch has many pluses, but also many minuses. On the plus side is the lightweight drag-and-drop style vector approach from Keynote. Alas, I have found Sketch be buggy and not really mature as a product. I'm also concerned about passing sketch docs to developers as pngs.

It is unrealistic to expect developers to pick up and learn sketch for a single project, so unless it is part of an established workflow, it's probably best to stick with what the developers are familiar with.
    yeah, I miss option which would make it easier in situations where developers don't have sketch licences... something which exports font styles, dimensions of objects and spacing because in company where we work, developers want only png files, so all the assets and font styles have to be exported and described in different file (they don't use Ps or Sketch :/)

Banned wardenzanti is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i would go for sketch, tried it since 6 months.
    it got handy now for me :)

Junior Member Spytz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sketch, definitely. They're just introduced responsive layouts - makes the design process so much more efficient.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member Deposito85 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Recently Sketch changed the way they charge the software. When a new version comes out, you’ll now have to pay an annual licensing fee. In other words, you have to pay $99 annually to continue to enjoy its latest versions.

Is it worth?

+ Reply to Thread