+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After Effects Into Illustrator...

Banned villadean is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

After Effects Into Illustrator...

Hey guys, got a question about working in AfterEffects.

Basically.
    Im designing a record labels identity, what im looking to use is a plugin used in After Effects. Called Data Glitch.

http://aescripts.com/data-glitch/

Its going to do really cool random stuff to my typographic logo which i'm creating for him.
    But im wondering does anyone know if you can import AfterEffects works into illustrator?

I wouldn't mind be able to expand the works into a vector.

Banned rancor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by villadean View Post
    Hey guys, got a question about working in AfterEffects.

Basically.
    Im designing a record labels identity, what im looking to use is a plugin used in After Effects. Called Data Glitch.

http://aescripts.com/data-glitch/

Its going to do really cool random stuff to my typographic logo which i'm creating for him.
    But im wondering does anyone know if you can import AfterEffects works into illustrator?

I wouldn't mind be able to expand the works into a vector.

sadly no, not unless you render a single picture from the clip you can make in ae, but why rely on a plugin for something easy doable, the tools of the trade are: line tool and the pathfinder tools, just start cutting lines into the logo in illustrator and using pathfinder youll get the patches grupped, have them ungroup and start colouring and moving them also, build a palette of some colours from a site like
    HTML Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    import it in ai and select all the pieces and go to menu edit> colours > recolour artwork then pick your palette and play around, just a manual CONTROLABLE glitch thats unique to yourself, it will make your work lest tutorial like and more proffesional.

There is a plugin that works with scripts that can do many things
    HTML Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    Ps: it only works with cs6 so far since its been discontinued for something more powerful yet to be released. Research around, iv been glitching stuff ever since i was a child failing to put the game cartdriges in the old 8bit famicom nes that glitch is unique to the system and it cant be easily reproduced.

Banned villadean is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    yeh i thought not.
    Quite stupid really because aftereffects does have vector support i thought.

yeh but i like the randomness/happy accident side of glitch art design.
    I guess I'll just use the plugin for now to find the exact composition im looking for then. create it in illustrator or photoshop.

I'll check out those scripts as well tho

Banned rancor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by villadean View Post
    yeh i thought not.
    Quite stupid really because aftereffects does have vector support i thought.

yeh but i like the randomness/happy accident side of glitch art design.
    I guess I'll just use the plugin for now to find the exact composition im looking for then. create it in illustrator or photoshop.

I'll check out those scripts as well tho
    its not a lost cause yet, you can export the split parts like i said into separate hi fi pngs or just ai files and import them into ae, then use the glitch effect till you reach something awesome, and then export that with a massive resolution single frame so you work that into ai or ps and then you at least can start with something

+ Reply to Thread