Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Advices on Wacon tablets...

Banned supershock is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i've used Intuos4 for almost 2 years. My opinion Intuos4 best for non-high budget. I've used for high end retouching with photoshop and graphic design with illustrator.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned Ryansl8r is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've replaced my wacom intuos with an iPad and a pogo connect stylus. Wacom is still needed for cleaning up but everything pre-computer is done on iPad now. Easier to create on the go and feels more natural.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned rnichaelt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I love my Wacom. I cant use a mouse anymore. I went with the large one because I work across two screens. There's plenty of customisation options in the preference tabs.

Junior Member ro_____ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    one bit of advice, stay away from the wireless kits...I've been using the wacom 5 for awhile, got it with the wireless kit, but it's so unreliable. the battery life's amazing, but it disconnects way too frequently.

Banned lbs1983 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    When it comes time for you to actually make the purchase, my advice is to stay away from stores like Best Buy. I found mine for about $100 less than retail online. I forget which site, but it was either Adorama, B&H or Amazon. I'd check all 3 for best price as I'm sure they're always changing depending on sales.

Banned leo12leo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Bamboo Pen & Touch A5

For a starter the Bamboo Pen& Touch A5 works fine.

Banned kerim is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    if you have already an iPad, and I strongly suggest you to buy a pressure sensitive stylus for 100$, first. than you suddenly have an alternative cintiq :)

i enjoy using Adonit Jot Touch Pro with 2048 pressure. It is also preferred next to Pogo Connect and Jaja in reviews and comparisons.

but you can also think of buying Wacom's own pressure sensitive stylus: wacom intros stylus. i did not experienced yet, but heard and read a lot of good reviews.

* only disadvantage of using iPad as a cintiq is, you cannot work with the Illustrator and Photoshop. but if you are not obsessed with this detail, there are great apps to fill this gap in iPad. then you can export your work into computer even in vector format.

Banned homestar runner is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My advice is: Intuos 3 is the latest series you need.

You can find them cheap on ebay, hundreds of dollars cheaper than Intuos 5.

Also, a 4x6 or 6x8 is a sufficient size. Any larger could lead to shoulder strain.

Banned Vetinari is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by homestar runner View Post
    My advice is: Intuos 3 is the latest series you need.

You can find them cheap on ebay, hundreds of dollars cheaper than Intuos 5.

Also, a 4x6 or 6x8 is a sufficient size. Any larger could lead to shoulder strain.
    I've got an Intuos 3 6x8, and have had for years. Wacom builds solid stuff, so expect what you get to last a long time. The only thing with this format is it's 4:3 ratio as most of the screens were at the time. If you have a 16:10 or 16:9 display you'll either have to remap the area so you lose some of the tablet space or live with a squished ratio that makes drawing even curves difficult (since the horizontal is mapped to greater real estate than the vertical, relatively). If I recall they had some wider tablets towards the end of the 3 series, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Banned gato is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Definitely get one that is fit for your work. Don't skimp out and get a tiny one especially the Bamboo if you're looking to do professional and extended amount of work. I have an Intuous Pro Medium and I must say it's a perfect size for all sorts of work. From photography to illustrations. It's about the length of your standard Mac keyboard.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member Dissident1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The Intuos Medium is all I find necessary to work, and has countless hours of work put on it. Last year I had bought a Cintiq 12 and parted with it a few months later in an equipment trade. It was nice but the cables and power supply were bulky so portability is not a real option.

Banned charliestills is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Never really believed they were better than pen and paper and scanning the image but I just got one about a week ago and I'm liking it a lot for digital painting/ applying textures and what not.

Banned Oldster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have a ~4.5x6.5" (i forget the exact dimensions) Intuos3 that I bought in school, and have used occasionally since. Tablets great if you're into illustration... just be sure install the software that comes with it so you can calibrate the tablet to your computer. (it will work on any computer without the software installed, but the software will allow for more precise pen response.)

Banned Jordi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I currently have an Intuos 4 Small. Perfect for me. I tried cheaper ones but the I couldn't get used to the pen. Before that i had an Intuos 2 which lasted me a good 6 or 7 years.

Banned Vetinari is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbosh View Post
    I have a mediaum an its pretty good it has a sratch in the middle though.

Ive been looking into to getting one of those chinese cintiq replicas, anybody have any experience with those?
    If the scratch bothers you it's possible to get a replacement cover from Wacom for most of their tablets. It's not super expensive and you get a fresh drawing surface.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast