Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Advices on Wacon tablets...

Junior Member sotongkia is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Got my first wacom 6 years ago, it's still serving me well now, not sure if all those so called
    tilt and increased pressure on the pen really helps alot, i did all my pro work on my good ol tablet and still okay :)
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned MakWinger is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have the intuos with multi touch, it's very useful
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member flymac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Better to get a small or medium sized tablet and invest more in a really great stylus

Banned brunoalonso is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i have a bamboo and it works to me very well ! But if you can have a better one, do it !

Banned floflo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I'm using Cintiq 12wx,
    that's very intuitive.

Banned sbvrt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

There's not only Wacom out there! Cheap alternatives are better than you think

I recently bought a tablet for working on the go - normally I work on a Cintiq 21UX, Version 3. Recently I discovered a whole Tablet range from a few chinese (?) manufacturers, Huion, Monoprice & Yiynova, who use UC-Logic boards as digitizers in their tablets. And hell, those things are far beyond expectation.

The quality of those cheap things is astounding - in my opinion the pressure sensitivity on low pressure levels is even way above Wacom Tablets. I couldn't really believe it until I tried it out, got myself a Huion H610. But it's really worth it if you're just getting into the matter or need a really good tablet on a budget. If you're a full time illustrator then also, give it a shot, I feel like these work at least as well as Intuos 5 for drawing, and in my opinion way better than Intuos 3-4. (The drivers can be a bit messy, but if you install it with care and dont just plug it in and go with it will most likely work like a charm.)

Looking for a good 6x10 Tablet for 60$? Take Huion. After testing it thouroughly I can say they feel at least as good as Intuos, and are definitely far beyond Wacom Bamboo.

Looking for a 19" Tablet monitor for under 400$ (yes, that's a Cintiq-equivalent for less than a fifth of the price)? Go for Monoprice. Looks like it can take it up with a Cintiq, maybe not in build quality, but in performance anytime. Still need to try it for myself though, but looks very promising.

It sounds weird, I know, but even as a full time Illustrator I really fell in love with those -never gonna buy Wacom again:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    Anyway if you are looking for reviews of tablets and specially alternatives to Wacom also check out Frenden's Blog! The man knows his job and writes great in-depth reviews of a whole bunch of alternatives to Wacom:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.

Banned Lil Chapo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i started with the bamboo series then worked my way up

Junior Member opensource will become famous soon enough opensource will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el_panda View Post
    I recently made the jump from Intuos 3 to Intuos 5, and the biggest change was the feeling of the drawing surface. The older models were quite smooth & slick, the new one has a really nice rougher texture on it which resembles drawing on a paper. The pen nibs wear out a lot faster though. Not sure how the surface on Intuos 4 is?
    Thanks for pointing that out. I have an Intuos 3 and don't really need to upgrade but that's interesting about the new surface being rougher. I do like mine so for my very unsophisticated drawings, it works real well :)

CMS
    Junior Member CMS is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Red face Wacom Questions for Advice on Tablets

what kind of computer and operating system are you using and what programs or for what activities do you want to use a Wacom with? I have been using them for years, so I can help advise you there.

Banned Trangbrown is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i'm using wacom citiq 12wx, it's very easy. I think it's good for you

11. Your ad here

Junior Member prawntoast is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Just buy one they last forever and don't be tempted to get one that is too big. The medium size is enough for most purposes. A mouse is still easier for many standard PC activities but painting with a mouse is like painting with a potato. ^_^

Banned tokyotheram is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hm... Well, I have the a Bamboo tablet. I plan to upgrade when my pockets will agree to it. I think the brand is pretty neat. I've had cheaper/off-brand tablets and they honestly don't compare. I prefer Wacom by far.

Banned pinktank is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Anything after intuos 3 will make you happy, and the bamboo series are perfectly nice too.

Banned matrix15 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Using Intuos 4 at the moment and Im so happy with it! You cant go wrong with intuos... but cintiq is cintiq :D

Banned susanle is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    thanks a lot

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast