Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Advices on Wacon tablets...

Banned Screwed Up is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I currently use an Intuos4 tablet. No complaints here - it works great!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned carridi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I change Intuos 3 with Intuos 4 and is good to know when you made the switch with the new model that the driver isn't always as stable as the older is. It takes time for full delivery, so sometimes don't rush with the new models.
    Now I don't have any troubles and intuos 4 run stable in windows 7 and windows 8 with Adobe apps.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

dot
    Junior Member dot is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have the Intous 2. Since a while Wacom decided to stop maintaing the tablet with updated drivers. So, the latest release may or may not be working well with OS X Mavericks. So that's something to think about when buying older models – they will probably not be supported for as long as the newer versions.

I think they need to support a new product for like years or something but then it's all about goodwill when they update the drivers. No matter how good your old tablet is, they want you to throw it away and buy their latest version. I once worked at an ad agency which had a bunch of great Intous (version 1) tablets that stopped working when we went from Mac OS 9 to OS X. It was a bit sad.

This applies to other peripherals as well; scanners, printers, you name it.

Banned dadadada is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I tried Bamboo Pen& Touch A5 (I think that's the only cheap medium sized tablet from Wacom), Bamboo Manga, Intuos 3, 4 & 5.

From my point of view, there wasn't noticeable difference between bamboo pen&touch and bamboo manga. A6 is fine for 13" screens, A5 is good for bigger screens (desktop comps and external monitors). I think these cheaper versions are very good equipment for somebody who would like to try working with without spending much money. You can find some used tablets for very good price and if you won't like it, you can sell them later almost for the same price.

Intuos have comfortable pen and driver options under OS seems much more possibilities (map buttons to different functions based on which app you're currently using). Also maybe they have better pressure sensitivity, I don't know now... It's possible to buy some other pens (for example airbrush pen).. so it's really aimed for Profesionals who use it every day couple of hours...

My advice is to buy a cheper first. Btw note that Wacom recently changed the product naming. old Bamboo = Intuos and old Intuos = Intuos Pro...

Banned belac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Very helpful!

Banned fsolha is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    here in brazil those bamboo's are very expensive.
    I bought my bamboo capture two months ago for $250 and for now, I dont have any regrets..

Banned fsolha is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The bamboo capture seems a good starter option if your not still used with those tablets

Banned Amit is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've got an Intuos 4 A4 tablet and I wish I had got a smaller one as it's too big.

Junior Member iLeon will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    ^ Yes, it's to big, A5 is more than enough.
    I have Intuos 3 - A5, and I'm more than satisfied.

Banned mjashley is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i use a bamboo fun its pretty old now and i rarely use it because i don't really need the pen pressure function in most of my work. if you're going to be doing a lot of illustration i would say they're worth it though.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member 713mybaad will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    A few things to also keep in mind - if you're using dual monitors then you might want to go with a slightly larger intuos, I had that issue with my (med) size and eventually had to go Large. The other thing is if you really want a "paper" feel while drawing you could just tape an actual piece of paper over the tablet which will help with your strokes and give you more control. (warning - will probly wear nibs out sooner but they're pretty cheap)

Banned polo88 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwed Up View Post
    I currently use an Intuos4 tablet. No complaints here - it works great!
    Same here! Amazon did a good deal not too long ago.

Banned el_panda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I recently made the jump from Intuos 3 to Intuos 5, and the biggest change was the feeling of the drawing surface. The older models were quite smooth & slick, the new one has a really nice rougher texture on it which resembles drawing on a paper. The pen nibs wear out a lot faster though. Not sure how the surface on Intuos 4 is?

Banned darwinyo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Make sure the wacom tablet workflow/controls work for you before you invest too much money. Bamboos are great starters if you don't want to plop too much for a small Intuos.

Junior Member sarmike is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I don't know if you are using a dual or single monitor setup, but if you are using a dual monitor setup I would recommend at least the medium size. If you get the small size tablet with dual monitors I find your hand movements have to be to congested. Also, take advantage of setting up your Wacom keyboard shortcuts in your settings menu. You can also assign different keystrokes for different programs! I would recommend the Wacom Intuos 3 or above. For the most part Wacom's are pretty rugged so don't be scared buying a well taken care of used tablet.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast