Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Advices on Wacon tablets...

Donor CagedCartel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Forgot to say the normal non screen wacoms although a little easier than mouse unless you have used for years hard to get to grips a great tutorial that helped me out no end was:

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/video/products/05_Wacom.htm

Its a full tutorial on how to use various s and the advantages, I have spent a lot on training dvds and this is by far the best.

I have them and can rapidgator, letitbit them

The Cintiq's are amazing and you can pick up the w12 for around £400 gbp however hold tight you may have noticed even retailers price dropping slightly that's because new version is coming out and they want to clear the old stock, benefit is when new comes out value drops usability remains.

A cheaper option get an X61T from Lenovo its got a wacom built in so makes a cheap cintiq and works just as well as the cintiq as it still has multipressure.

Hope my rant is helpful sorry to go on but ive wasted soo much my on these and would hate for others to make my mistakes.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned skaventh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    While I both owned Cintiq and Intuos, I prefer Intuos over Cintiq because the way I work. Both have strong value for the my but same characteristic (i.e. pen pressure level etc). I don't find Cintiq cheaper model screen are good enough unless you go for the HD version.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned mkinal is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm a graphic designer, and not a particularly good drawer. I got an Intous A4 and it's too big for me. I think for graphic design the A5 is plenty big.

Banned medus4 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i use a wacom intuos a5 wide special edition and like the size very much, it'S just a bit smaller than a4 but fits my monitor perfectly 16:9 :)

i use it often to retouch photos, or comps :)

Banned frenchsurfing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Wacom intuos medium size is pretty good.
    I have a wireless version, love having no cable. Works great.

Wacom makes the best tablet, although the newer s have a texture on the top to make it feel more like paper when you draw and it's wearing out the nibs much much faster compared to the older s.

Banned amidjang is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skaventh View Post
    While I both owned Cintiq and Intuos, I prefer Intuos over Cintiq because the way I work. Both have strong value for the my but same characteristic (i.e. pen pressure level etc). I don't find Cintiq cheaper model screen are good enough unless you go for the HD version.
    I agree with this.

I have an early Cintiq, but for that 2k price, newer Intuous is way better for the value! Mine might be old but when I tried the newer Cintiq, the only advantage I can think of is the on screen drawing. And somehow, I always find that Intuous pressure pad is better than Cintiq. (Maybe because you don't want to damage the screen on cintiq lol)

If you're a pro (or pro-to-be) concept designer, digital painter, you might find a reason to go with Cintiq, but for everything else like casual painting, etc Intuous is more than able.

Banned rickawesome is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    the Intuos Models (Series 4 or 5) are all great and professional. Looking back, however, the A4 is way too massive. A5 in size wouldve been enough and much more practical for the quick sketching and photoshop retouching

Banned johndoe4599 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Great advice, thanks every.

Banned CAWqueen is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Ooooh, thanks for the link. I've definitely been thinking about dipping my toes in with just a Bamboo to see if I really need something more. I'm sure it will take me a while to learn the ins and outs anyway.

Banned twilightsenpai is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The best wacom tablet for professional use is the intuos 4.

I tried once, and its amazing the feeling and pressision of the tablet.

11. Your ad here

roy
    Banned roy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Intuos 2

I have a Intuos 2 since 2005 and it still working just like a new and Wacom still updating the drivers. That's the best thing about Wacom... expensive but great build quality.

Junior Member Scripto is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You should check out Youtube FZD School channel. Extremely good Wacom drawing tutorials.

I myself have Cintiq 24hd and have been very happy with it. Still learning in progress, but getting better with it.

Banned amg1989 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    awesome info - very helpful!

Banned orenjinatsu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Need to save m-o-n-e-y for it! thanks for sharing guys..

Banned Belaqua is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have the Intuos 4 & use it regularly for work - I use a dual monitor set-up, and it maps perfectly to both screen seamlessly

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast