Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Advices on Wacon tablets...

Banned mfpele is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm using Wacom Bamboo Pen at home, it's cheap, got pressure sensitivity, serves me well. At work i'm using Wacom Intuos 5 Small Touch, got it recently, still checking it out. It's a fine tablet if you can afford it, pen is much nicer, have tilt shift and the feeling of drawing is more natural than Bamboo, doesn't feel so "plastic". Touch is on "off" most of the time as i don't find it useful, though some might. At the end it's all about your skill, not so much the tool. :) I would recommend starting with Bamboo... Hope this helps a bit :)
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Member okra is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have never tried the Wacom series but I have used a very cheap Aiptek 600u Tablet. Does almost everything you can think of and has loads of hotkeys, pressure sensitivity settings and macro keys. Im quite happy with it for a starter model but.... I would die for a Cintiq 12WX.... I just need to rob a bank though to be able to afford ! hahaha. ;)
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to okra For This Useful Post:

Banned mposso is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thank you very much; that was a great explanation and good post, very helpful as well.

Donor walkerhunter is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Wacom's are very good I have been using for years.

Junior Member jsdesign is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It depends on the style of arrk you want to create. If you are a natural artist and want to use it like painting then I'd recommend the Intuos as it has extra features suitable for painting. If you do more graphic design like I do, then a Bamboo is fine as you won't really need features like tilt etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdesign View Post
    It depends on the style of arrk you want to create. If you are a natural artist and want to use it like painting then I'd recommend the Intuos as it has extra features suitable for painting. If you do more graphic design like I do, then a Bamboo is fine as you won't really need features like tilt etc.
    Arrk - editing my post didn't save?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdesign View Post
    Arrk - editing my post didn't save?
    What the hell? It won't let me type in ART WORK! It keeps coming up as Arrk. I sound like a bloody crow!

Junior Member aneheli is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Change title of post wacon -> wacom :)
    I will sugest You to buy newest intuos 5 or if you dont have casch version 3 or 4
    In comparing with bambo tablets or pentagram there is many pros for intuos :)

Junior Member VassoV is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I do a lot of photo retouching and some years ago I had a terrible hand pain due to using mouse so much. Then I tried a wacom tablet and I felt relief! Now I have an Intuos4 small at work and a bamboo for my laptop at home. I've tried the Intuos larger size but I have a limited desktop area and I found the small size to be the best solution, considering the the price difference as well.

Junior Member aneheli is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VassoV View Post
    I do a lot of photo retouching and some years ago I had a terrible hand pain due to using mouse so much. Then I tried a wacom tablet and I felt relief! Now I have an Intuos4 small at work and a bamboo for my laptop at home. I've tried the Intuos larger size but I have a limited desktop area and I found the small size to be the best solution, considering the the price difference as well.
    I use Bamboo S and intous M, when i want draw big things S is too small but M i fell is to large :) if you want only retouch S is good choice and if you want draw you must get M size

12. Your ad here

DRZ
    Junior Member DRZ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I own an intuos 3 A4 and its great for the occasional photoshop work but not as much as I thought, hence rarely used and there are cheaper options available. Size wise I found A4 too big and seriously considered selling to buy the smaller A5 oversize version.

I found this site helpfull

http://www.tablet4u.co.uk/product/en/intuos3-a4-usb-tablet.html

Good luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DRZ For This Useful Post:

Banned redwing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    monoprice.com has a great selection of graphic tablets great quality and really affordable

Banned tomzel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Bamboo S is fine for retouch.

Junior Member bloodandthunder is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    They are definitely helpful. In regards to upgrading or purchasing a tablet, I would go with an Intuos 4 or 5. I still have my Intuos 3 from about 5 years ago, and as much as I love it, the flaw is that you cannot replace the usb cord that plugs into the computer.

Donor CagedCartel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi I have invested loads in Wacom tablets from the tiny to A3 had Intous 3, Intous 4 and a Cintiq bamboo don't even bother.

If you haven't used before try to borrow to trial or get from a good retailer dont want to plug computer earth something like that . I got the last Bamboo including touch installed had a play about and when I didn't get on with it got a no quibble refund.

I certainly not promoting borrowing items but its certainly nice in the knowledge that if you don't like don't have to send back and its nearly all-ways quick to get to.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast