+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe Creative Suite > Creative Cloud

Junior Member Palim12 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poorpixel View Post
    Hopefully some develoers will provide some cool alternatives :)
    I don't know... There are alternatives, but no handy solution for the workflow with more than 2 or 3 App.

Junior Member rescata is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I would not trust any of my critical work to CC. It's just marketing mush

roy
    Banned roy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    So basically we will all have to Adobe tax from now on...

Junior Member levato is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Creative Cloud is a double edge sword for me; I subscribed last year and overall I am very pleased with it. It's nice to have all of the new software updates included and instantly. Additionally, a monthly payment is *much* easier on my business cash-flow than laying out $1800 every 18 months to 3 years.

That said, I really don't like the idea of having to continue paying as soon as I greatly reduce my work in the graphics industry. While I can get by with photo editing alternatives (I use Aperture, good enough for my family photos) and can use other vector illustration tools, the lack of InDesign would kill me.

The fact is that I still have my CS5 install discs laying around, and if I ever give up my full-time work I'll probably just revert to InDesign CS5 to layout invitations, family letters, and anything else my wife wants me to conceive.

Junior Member Klestigian is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfpele View Post
    Yeah i know there's very little chance but still...
    If you wanna try and maybe see CS7...sign up!

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    Thank you for sharing this petition. I have already signed it.

This type of marketing is really really bad for small businesses and mostly freelance people that they already have, i guess, issues with a non-constant salary.

Banned Siege is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Creative Cloud

Thanks for the petition, I have signed it. Not a fan of this new way of doing things from Adobe.

Junior Member Spellgordon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think it is great for freelancers and small studios to have a chance to make a project with a minimal license cost. But for business that use all the software every day for years (we have CS4 and working) it's a waste of my.

Junior Member djc19 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Not good

My biggest problem with CC is once you stop paying rent you lose all access. With most CS upgrades the changes have been incremental. I, personally, usually skip an upgrade cycle or . I wish Macromedia was still around and Quark never dropped the ball...

Donor carrick is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i think that, eventually, there will be no other way but to change over to CC. i think the majority will go for it and there will be compatibility issues between CC and the older versions. the biggest problem is not being able to open your files once you stop the subscription - this would never be the case with the now older non CC versions. if enough people complain (about the lack of opening files once subscription stops) adobe will probably release some sort of free viewer that opens all their files. time will tell...

Donor ws.bankster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    When I first heard about it my thought was: they really think their software is worth the out of reach price for the people who actually need to use it. It has some nice features, but in another 7 years it won't matter anyway because the computers are just going to be so different.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member hockey2013 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    New life for Quark ?

Banned bobtaco is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cloud speed?

Is the speed of the software negatively affected by being in the cloud? What about proprietary third party plugins? Does any have experience using this set up? I understand Adobe's strategy but I think having to deal with the implementation will be lousy.

Banned vasilescu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HisDudeness View Post
    If that is the case then CC really is a big gamble for Adobe. I'm a small studio and I'd hate to think that I'd lose access to my files if I don't renew my subscription.
    Of what I've read, you should have an active connection at least once a month or once every months, to keep it activated. If you won't renew the subscription, you will not be able to open the programs, and view the files there, but not lose access to the files, I think.

Moderator Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of Willburwilde has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Yeah cause retouching big scans in Photoshop CC is gonna be fun, bad enough over a gigabyte nerk let al over www.

It's just the only way left these manufacturers have to curb piracy of their over price over bloated wares.

Geesh next we will have just a terminal and lease the rest. I'm gonna get out my old MacOS 9 with quark, freehand, photoshop and suitcase. It still works believe it or not... can still do the same thing with this ancient technology.

They haven't changed that much with all the development other than add a couple tools FFS!

I can't see the price justification when all Adobe has d is changed there CS splash screen, icons and reduced the backwards compatibility, changed the numbers and there we have it a new software release that somehow just makes you think you need to upgrade your computer again. Poo Adobe poooooo

Banned leila is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilescu View Post
    Of what I've read, you should have an active connection at least once a month or once every months, to keep it activated.
    Yes, you're right: the internet connection and the monthly payment both authorise the activation... and only an activation.

(and if you miss a monthly connection/activation the software doesn't "shut down" (nor the computer explodes) at midnight the last day of the month!!! Adobe leaves a 3 months delay to reactivate, before the software becomes unusable)

Meaning that in fact it's not a real "cloud" system: the software is not "in the cloud" (not yet... I guess it is the next step!) and you don't need a permanent internet connection to launch through a nerk a software that would only stay in the Adobe's servers (again, not yet... but it's surely the next step!!!)

... no, that's much more simple: the software is still installed on your hard-drive, like a CSx, and this new Creative"Cloud"-that-is-not-in-the-cloud still works with an activation, probably the same kind of activation that is already needed after the installation of the CS2 to 6, except that with the CS2 to 6 you pay only 1 time and you activate only 1 time after installation, althought with the CC you pay every month and you activate every month...

Do you see the point?...this CC is not so much different from a CS2 to 6... and as it is possible to activate a CS2 to 6 with an "alternate" code, it will surely be possible to activate a CC permanently and definitely with the same kind of code!!!
    Last edited by leila; 06-10-2013 at 12:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast