+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe Creative Suite > Creative Cloud

Banned bayoubaby86 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Adobe Creative Suite > Creative Cloud

I'd love to hear what every here thinks of Adobe switching to only the Creative Cloud from now on. I personally feel it's a horrible decision that will end up costing me more than my budget will allow.

NJM
    Junior Member NJM is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    According to CNET; "For example, imagine a customer planning on three years' use of the Design Standard version of CS6, which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro. That customer would pay about $1,648 for the original product and upgrade at going rates.

With the Creative Cloud, $1,800 pays for three years' worth of that software. But for that extra $152, the customer also gets Premiere Pro, After Effects, Flash Pro, Edge Animate, Muse, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Audition, and various online services."

Still, expensive if your a small time freelancer or a business that needs more than seat to run the suite. Creative Cloud isn't cheap, neither were the CS products that came before. Plus, I believe you can't open any of your files if you stop paying!
    And I wonder what happens if you do not have an active internet connection, can you still launch and work if you telecommute or roam?

Member NightLord is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    ...and if I need only illustrator? or only photoshop?

Junior Member k0pc1n4 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    CC is not bad idea but I prefer to have all control on my PC/Mac. As I know you have to connect to internet only once a month to validate license. Biggest problem (for now) is that CC is not available to all countries (list is small) so it is unacceptable for now. I'm a student and last month wanted to join Creative Cloud Student & Teacher but it is not available in my country so I will stay with CS6 (pirated).

Junior Member lastmandangcing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    CS6 is good enough. If Adobe switching to only the Creative Cloud,I think most people will not upgrade the software...

Junior Member kassinopious is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I like creative cloud right now, having started using it around 6 months ago its only cost me a quarter of the full license for CS6.

However, ask me again in a years time when i'm having to run a studio full of computers each with a CC membership my answer might change.

I can see why adobe do it though, they have 500,000 CC subscribers already. At $50 a month they are coining in $20million per month and its only just started. I think on adobe's part they have priced it just about right, its cheap enough for individuals and businesses that would otherwise have downloaded cracked versions to think "actually I can afford $50 a month" without making the price so low that they will lose my vs standal licenses.

At the same time i understand people could be concerned about having to pay for programs like flash and dreamweaver if all they will ever use is photoshop and illustrator. Not much can be d now though, CC is the only option going forward, either that or move to coreldraw...

Junior Member printhound is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Meh

It would be pretty nice if i had enough clients to keep it paid for, and it is cheaper in short term. I dunno i am still up in the air about it. I definitely wouldn't purchase it for more then 2 machines. Just seems like it would be a huge my suck for a company to invest in.

Banned HisDudeness is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Plus, I believe you can't open any of your files if you stop paying!
    If that is the case then CC really is a big gamble for Adobe. I'm a small studio and I'd hate to think that I'd lose access to my files if I don't renew my subscription.

rom
    Banned rom is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I wonder what happens if you do not have an active internet connection, can you still launch and work if you telecommute or roam?
    Exactly, they need to address since not all users are connected to the internet most of the time when they work, specially with laptops, ultrabooks and even tablets gaining popularity.. (not that you'd work photoshop on a tablet..)

Donor nightshade is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    cs6 as having to pay every month forever would suck. Not every buys every version,
    well not anymore that is. But the monthly amount is fair for what you get, in a few months we will all be so used to the subscription and just accept our rolls as cows in the Adobe dairy farm

11. Your ad here

Banned CAWqueen is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think it's a good idea in theory, but for the really small businesses, it's disappointing. I don't like the idea of having to pay for something indefinitely. I like concrete terms.

Junior Member ceromx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

gold

olsun olmasın üye olsun olmasın zaten kopya değilmi neyini saklıyon kaldı 3

Banned poorpixel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hopefully some develoers will provide some cool alternatives :)

Banned mfpele is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Exclamation or perhaps :D

Yeah i know there's very little chance but still...
    If you wanna try and maybe see CS7...sign up!

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mfpele For This Useful Post:

Banned glyph004B is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It's all going this way eventually, if you want the new features there's not much choice. Bit of a crapsandwich if you ask me.

However most budget conscious people will probably hold onto a copy of CS6 until the end of time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast