+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 99designs and the like...

Banned rastaman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question 99designs and the like...

I havenĀ“t seen a generally discussion about that kind of contest pages on this board.

What do you think about? All of them cut-price competitors? Or a chance for talented designers for show their skills and find clients...

Banned Mzlaki is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It's a balance between wasting time and finding clients. I have tons of rejected designs, but have gained some great clients and met a lot of designers there.

Junior Member Kawwy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If you have the time then go for it, but it's not a viable source of income and will lead to frustration really quickly when seeing a lesser design beat you.

Banned indio will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    its great for learning, experience and build your self branding/ portfolio. but avoid them as you can because this kind of site does not value design work appropriately. 99 is somewhat better because there is design quality control through classes such as platinum/ gold silver etc.

but some designer who smart enough making little research before entering contest greatly increase their chance to win.

Junior Member jaafflictor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    check out nospec.com which is an organization thats against spec work (the work offered on sites like 99designs) and make up your own opinion, I agree that for portfolio material it can be very helpful

Banned dcnme is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzlaki View Post
    It's a balance between wasting time and finding clients. I have tons of rejected designs, but have gained some great clients and met a lot of designers there.
    I found this by just wasting so I agree with you.

Banned rkdiddy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I agree if you have the time go for it. I think if anything it will help make you a better designer down the road. Especially if you follow the project and see who they selected in the end.

+ Reply to Thread