+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 most expensive logos of all time

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks

The 5 most expensive logos of all time

If you are wondering logos as "COCA-COLA, PEPSI, MAC, ETC." and other famous logos, are much cheaper, so not listed here.

IF YOU LIKED THE POST GIVE IT A LIKE!

THANKS.
    Last edited by stradivarious; 01-17-2014 at 11:10 AM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to stradivarious For This Useful Post:

Banned darwinyo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Goes to show how important the sales portion of a logo design is (BP and Symantec are extremely attractive logos though)

Junior Member freebrushes is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks for share!
    http://brushesphotoshop.net/

Banned Coriandra is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Though the costs of these is significantly padded considering they're for huge international brands that will use them extensively, the price tags aren't so bad. It's not just the design work that goes into logos for massive brands (which honestly only BP and Symantec look like they were even truly designed, BP actually has a very well done logo). A lot of research, study, focus groups, polls, etc etc goes into developing these. Entire teams may spend months to develop the perfect logo, and with these huge brands the whole world is watching. Remember when Yahoo unveiled their rather underwhelming new logo?

Banned mrpeach32 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I can only imagine the amount of fussing and back-and-forth the clients had to do with these companies to justify those price tags.

"I think the font is a little too thin, can you make it bolder?"

"It needs a drop shadow!"

"They yellow isn't yellow enough."

Junior Member jmsecchis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriandra View Post
    Though the costs of these is significantly padded considering they're for huge international brands that will use them extensively, the price tags aren't so bad. It's not just the design work that goes into logos for massive brands (which honestly only BP and Symantec look like they were even truly designed, BP actually has a very well done logo). A lot of research, study, focus groups, polls, etc etc goes into developing these. Entire teams may spend months to develop the perfect logo, and with these huge brands the whole world is watching. Remember when Yahoo unveiled their rather underwhelming new logo?
    You're right. The process of a logo design go FAR beyond the actual logo. This is even more true when you are dealing with international companies. The team has to plan big to avoid mistakes, this is very time consuming. And let's not forget, that these prices are not for the logo drawing itself, but also for the whole identity, monitoring, and manual. Big offices even have an entire team of professionals to just to deal with an specific client.

The Yahoo! case was a shame. Later, the CEO (Marissa Mayer) revealed that she herself was working with the designers, and also included: "It took a whole weekend to get where we wanted" - Like a whole weekend of working was enough to develop a consistent brand. You can clearly see that, is most of this cases of failure, the fault is not of the designer's themselves, sometimes the client can be the worst barrier.

Banned kreatist is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

No way!

I don't believe the amount you wrote they pay for the logos.

Banned stealth is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Whoa, I'm really surprised by this; where is the original article from? I'd be interested in seeing where they get their numbers.

Banned mrpeach32 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Whoa, I'm really surprised by this; where is the original article from? I'd be interested in seeing where they get their numbers.
    I've done some research (read: google) and I can only find exact text copy-pastes without any sources. So I'm not sure how true the numbers are.

Banned mrwayne is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Most probably, these figures represent not only the cost for the logo design, but for the whole implementation, worlwide, of a the whole new branding system/rules, usually handled locally by network (or other) agencies. Suddenly they don't seem that much money...

12. Your ad here

Junior Member casejam is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    London Summer Olympics logo was really expensive too. Something like $625k?

Thanks
    now that one in my opinion was not the best investment in the world.
    Probably the marmite type of logo/identity...

Junior Member Dissident1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwayne View Post
    now that one in my opinion was not the best investment in the world.
    Probably the marmite type of logo/identity...

Best investment would have to go to Nike... one of the most recognizable logos in on the planet bought for a mere $35

Thanks
    The nike identity / brandmark - and here i presume you're referring to the Swoosh - could have actually been almost any shape in my opinion. For the amounts of cash pumped in, for constantly increasing the brand awareness, and not to mention, the marketing masterminds behind the brand story / cohesion / unity/ message - all these things (among a few others) could have propelled into the consumer's minds, any shape / symbol / mark that would be associated with a certain set of marketing values, that make the nike brand known by nowadays.

Banned Blooptral is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The second one is quite poor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast