+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resource center access

Banned oneeyedjoe is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Resource center access

Hi guys, I have been wondering how a noob like me can gain access to the resource center.

I don't seem to have any software to offer that hasn't already been shared on here.

i do have some commercial vectors that may be of use and Signlab 7 but at the moment this is all can muster.

I would like to know if this qualifies as a useful contribution and whether I should get them posted. Please advise.

And thanks for the resources I do have access to, this site is very helpful for me as I start out on a career path in our field.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedjoe View Post
    Hi guys, I have been wondering how a noob like me can gain access to the resource center.

I don't seem to have any software to offer that hasn't already been shared on here.

i do have some commercial vectors that may be of use and Signlab 7 but at the moment this is all can muster.

I would like to know if this qualifies as a useful contribution and whether I should get them posted. Please advise.

And thanks for the resources I do have access to, this site is very helpful for me as I start out on a career path in our field.
    as you are based in the uk you should be able to understand the rules completely:

to access the Printing Resource Center, you must meet at least one of the following conditions:
    * Registered/Actively is longer than one month, Posts are greater than XX and new posts monthly. (must be useful, no floods. msg babajingjumong for reviews.)
    * You can share some printing related softwares and/or patchs. must be uploaded by yourself and compressed files with password "printroot.com"
    * Donate to support PrintRoot
    which part did you not understand???

if you have nothing to contribute you cant expect anything in return!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    as you are based in the uk you should be able to understand the rules completely:

which part did you not understand???

if you have nothing to contribute you cant expect anything in return!
    I appreciate you replying to my query bro but I kinda feel like you see me as a leach unduly.

I offered to upload Signlab 7 which clearly is a useful commercial software which I use every day for vinyl plotting. And a vector pack which cost a couple of hundred pounds and will allow you to make designs to scale for 100's of vehicles. I am pretty sure you won't find these vehicle outlines anywhere on the web for free.

All I wanted to know is whether these were worthy uploads or whether I should wait until I have something of even greater value to the community.

I certainly didn't ask if I could leach!

So can you kindly help me understand, as I said: I am a noob.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    I appreciate you replying to my query bro but I kinda feel like you see me as a leach unduly.

I offered to upload Signlab 7 which clearly is a useful commercial software which I use every day for vinyl plotting. And a vector pack which cost a couple of hundred pounds and will allow you to make designs to scale for 100's of vehicles. I am pretty sure you won't find these vehicle outlines anywhere on the web for free.

All I wanted to know is whether these were worthy uploads or whether I should wait until I have something of even greater value to the community.

I certainly didn't ask if I could leach!

So can you kindly help me understand, as I said: I am a noob.
    so you want to reverse the rules?

you have to upload first! and not only one special piece!

and you didnt get the point of contributing on a regular basis.
    a one time upload wont grant you access for sure.

and what stops you to upload regardless of what happens afterwards!??

you are asking for guaranteed access and otherwise you are not willing to share your stuff???

what is in your opinion the difference to a leecher?

you only want to give if you will receive something in return.
    thats NOT the concept of this community!
    Last edited by spider; 09-11-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks
    so you want to reverse the rules?

you have to upload first! and not only one special piece!

and you didnt get the point of contributing on a regular basis.
    a one time upload wont grant you access for sure.

and what stops you to upload regardless of what happens afterwards!??

you are asking for guaranteed access and otherwise you are not willing to share your stuff???

what is in your opinion the difference to a leecher?

you only want to give if you will receive something in return.
    thats NOT the principle of this community!
    Thanks for the reply, I am surprised by your accusations though Spider. i only asked if these uploads are useful. I never said I want the rules to change, I never said my sharing was conditional either.

If I gave that impression I apologize but I feel I was clear in my intentions by simply asking: are these uploads useful?

A simple yes, upload them or no, get something better is all I hoped for.

I feel like you are misjudging me as someone I am not. I can kinda understand that as the interwebs is full of 'tards but please don't assume I am an arse even if my questions seem dumb because ignorance is not malice.

But again, thanks Spider for clarifying my query as to what makes a useful forum member, I'll try to make regular uploads of useful apps and other files. Not for access, just to help the community. It probably won't be much in the grand scheme of things but every little helps.

Thanks for your time pal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oneeyedjoe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, I am surprised by your accusations though Spider. i only asked if these uploads are useful. I never said I want the rules to change, I never said my sharing was conditional either.

If I gave that impression I apologize but I feel I was clear in my intentions by simply asking: are these uploads useful?

A simple yes, upload them or no, get something better is all I hoped for.

I feel like you are misjudging me as someone I am not. I can kinda understand that as the interwebs is full of 'tards but please don't assume I am an arse even if my questions seem dumb because ignorance is not malice.

But again, thanks Spider for clarifying my query as to what makes a useful forum member, I'll try to make regular uploads of useful apps and other files. Not for access, just to help the community. It probably won't be much in the grand scheme of things but every little helps.

Thanks for your time pal.
    just a little hint: signlab 7.1 is very easy to find on google and on every torrent server. so there is no need for an extra upload here.

and do you see any special category here for vinyl cutting?
    this is a printing related forum and not for sign making!

and one last time, only for you:

upload FIRST whatever you like and which is not already here. you will find out if it is interesting for other users by their responses! its very easy and the normal way of getting started here.
    Last edited by spider; 09-11-2014 at 12:05 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs up

just a little hint: signlab 7.1 is very easy to find on google and on every torrent server. so there is no need for an extra upload here.

and do you see any special category here for vinyl cutting?
    this is a printing related forum and not for sign making!
    I know Signlab is common, I didn't think it would be much use here. I wish I had more wares to share. I suppose to be fair it's a pretty niche area printing and there are only a few apps used in the industry. I use onyx on my printer and Signlab to cut vinyl although I believe it can be used to run a printer.

Anyway, I'm sure the vehicle vectors will be appreciated by someone as I found none available on torrents etc.

Thanks again Spider, Peace.

Junior Member haxored is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Can anyone shed any light on what "XX" means? I've been around a while, and if I remember right, it said "10" once upon a time. Is there any reason this was changed? Is this designated in roman numerals, for 20?
    Posts are greater than XX and new posts monthly

Junior Member r3v3rb is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    Beats me, but once upon a long time ago there was no requirement for XX posts - you just needed to be a member.

I'm surprised with the attitude that developed on here - sharing is caring, but here its the polar opposite. If you aren't sharing the admins/moderators aren't caring. I get that the majority of software being 'spread' is of an extortionate value - but I do also wonder how many people have the required 'kit' to go with those softwares. I'm not sure either if I would have let my staff ( when I worked as a manager in a reasonably sized company ) install newer versions of RIP software/imposition etc since we had engineers and sales reps popping in all the time - who would have known what level our licenses were at.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of folk who would like to 'share' by downloading are using the software to learn at home or keep up with current versions - therefore they are unable to garner newer versions for uploading themselves - but would I dare say be happy to offer the generation of more links in more places to access the files thus keeping them alive longer...

My two pennies worth for what its worth - but it is sad that this forum has taken the direction which is the opposite to nearly every other forum that 'shares'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to r3v3rb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r3v3rb View Post
    Beats me, but once upon a long time ago there was no requirement for XX posts - you just needed to be a member.

I'm surprised with the attitude that developed on here - sharing is caring, but here its the polar opposite. If you aren't sharing the admins/moderators aren't caring. I get that the majority of software being 'spread' is of an extortionate value - but I do also wonder how many people have the required 'kit' to go with those softwares. I'm not sure either if I would have let my staff ( when I worked as a manager in a reasonably sized company ) install newer versions of RIP software/imposition etc since we had engineers and sales reps popping in all the time - who would have known what level our licenses were at.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of folk who would like to 'share' by downloading are using the software to learn at home or keep up with current versions - therefore they are unable to garner newer versions for uploading themselves - but would I dare say be happy to offer the generation of more links in more places to access the files thus keeping them alive longer...

My two pennies worth for what its worth - but it is sad that this forum has taken the direction which is the opposite to nearly every other forum that 'shares'
    well, you are free to join those other forums which take the opposite direction.
    what is your intention for posting here and analyzing the goals of this forum?

you are registered here for nearly four years without any contribution and want to talk about sharing and caring???

go and read all these posts here and find out that some of those bastards leechers are making their money with software downloads from here. these parasites are the reason why new software patches are no longer available for public sharing.

thats all!

14. Your ad here

+ Reply to Thread