+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Mods] How to handle dead links

Member grakkle is a splendid one to behold grakkle is a splendid one to behold grakkle is a splendid one to behold grakkle is a splendid one to behold grakkle is a splendid one to behold grakkle is a splendid one to behold grakkle is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks

[Mods] How to handle dead links

I'm looking for some guidance from the Mods as to the preferred method of handling releases with dead links in the PRC. Should I post a new link in the old thread or create a completely new release post?

I looked through the rules but couldn't find instructions on that (though it's possible I missed something).

Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to grakkle For This Useful Post:

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 434 Posts
    Is there any mod reading this and have the answer? I'm having this question too but I see no guide.
    Les jours tristes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to linkgreencold For This Useful Post:

Moderator morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,102 Times in 420 Posts

answer

Dear Friends there are no guidelines on the matter, nor understand the question specifically. Download links are fallen, a server where they were not allowed uploaded or deleted files, missing tread on the forum, ???
    If any of these questions are the problem try to answer soon.

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 434 Posts
    Thanks morpheo1967 :)
    IN swit's post [1] about rule I found this:

For anyone
    k) You are allowed to dig up an old thread (only in Releases and Requests forums) to alert the moderators about a dead link, we will then delete the whole thread. Do not ask for a new upload within the thread, simply make a new request in the Requests forum.
    This is the case for ones who detect dead link, and want the product to be posted again.

I think grakkle has the same question as me: if we find a dead link release post, and we have that font, so we'll reply to that thread or can we make a fresh release.

I hope my explanation is clear enough.

[1]:
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    Les jours tristes

Moderator morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,102 Times in 420 Posts

answer

Very clear. I think you should make a new request within the same tread created even without a download link active, but to create a new post in Request section requesting the font.
    As long as it is within the section "font" not "resources" or other sub section.

I hope I'm answering your questions

8. The Following User Says Thank You to morpheo1967 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread