+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single font posts

deejayz

Single font posts

Why why why why why
    Last edited by deejayz; 11-21-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Senior Member Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 356 Posts
    I think it's convenient for anyone who need single font.

They don't need to go to Font Collection topic, scroll up and down to find font they need and they don't see anything because the font they need don't show in it. And with the search result, there's nothing, do you think they will post request for that font?

When they need foundry folder, they can go to that and download. But sometimes you just need that font, not foundry. You need a font, but you must download a folder with many fonts. You need a font some KB but you must download a folder some MB. It's not convenient.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Hago has a spectacular aura about Hago has a spectacular aura about Hago has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    that's an easy question: to get a higher post-count. it's getting better, but there are still a lot of nice fonts with very high restrictions. How to get those needed posts? Reposting Fonts from Collections is a less obvious style of spamming.

The Problem is nicely described here:
    http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/those-complaining-about-free-font-posts-spamming-requests-so-31816/

And then, there are a lot of requests for single Fonts also contained in the "ntintis collection".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hago For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    I don't think higher post count is important, because if you have more than 40 posts, you can download most of links shared, except some topic requires high post count (Eg: 100).

I simply think that I want to share for who need single font, don't need to waste time to go to collection topic, download a foundry's folder n MB just to have a single font. Some people when they use search and no result for this, they will post request. It's not good way. Collection pack is just a collection of someone's fonts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Junior Member LeBetenoir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Also, the problem with collections (well, for me) is that often there's no indication of exactly what is in the collection, especially when you do a search for a specific font name; therefore single font posts can be useful. Although I guess that is also what the font request section is for.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeBetenoir For This Useful Post:

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 434 Posts
    I think it's, for users' sake, the usability of finding font in our forum, as I see the way single font post in well formatted form + preview pics etc... is more 'human' and I like it. But well, can not forget ntintis's merit.

Maybe the post count is the reason of some users, but when one has enough post count, he should think for others as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to linkgreencold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by linkgreencold View Post
    I think it's, for users' sake, the usability of finding font in our forum, as I see the way single font post in well formatted form + preview pics etc... is more 'human' and I like it. But well, can not forget ntintis's merit.

Maybe the post count is the reason of some users, but when one has enough post count, he should think for others as well.
    Yes, that's all I want to say, my friend Post count is not everything. It's just sharing for who need single font.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Banned books is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It's hard to imagine that someone would join a font-based forum who isn't an addict. Seems like a lot of steps to take to get just one font, but I suppose some people feel desperate ~

15. The Following User Says Thank You to books For This Useful Post:

Member billionaire has a spectacular aura about billionaire has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBetenoir View Post
    Also, the problem with collections (well, for me) is that often there's no indication of exactly what is in the collection, especially when you do a search for a specific font name; therefore single font posts can be useful. Although I guess that is also what the font request section is for.
    I agree with this. I also find that usually the one font I want is missing!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to billionaire For This Useful Post:

Mr3
    Banned Mr3 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    i dont understand the tag cloud or how u can create one like urw++ for example

19. Your ad here

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr3 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member aalish is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I really don't like collections personally...
    single fonts saves a lot of time and it is organized at my opinion.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aalish For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread