+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monmica (Aga Silva) - getting the swashes to work

Member sgrbrn is just really nice sgrbrn is just really nice sgrbrn is just really nice sgrbrn is just really nice
    Thanks

Monmica (Aga Silva) - getting the swashes to work

So this isn't really a request for the font since I have it already. (Mods, if this isn't the right place for this apologies and just move it.)

For the life of me I can't get the swashes that this font is supposed to have to work. Anyone have any ideas? I feel like an idiot, but I'm completely confused. From the images shown it looks like an '=' gives three different types of swashes - how? Aside from that I can't even get one swash out of an '=' so I'm at a complete loss.

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgrbrn For This Useful Post:

Banned hatanumaras is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Are you using an app that will recognize open type features, sch as Illustrator, Indesign, or Corel Draw?
    Of not, that is more than likely your problem

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hatanumaras For This Useful Post:

Member sgrbrn is just really nice sgrbrn is just really nice sgrbrn is just really nice sgrbrn is just really nice
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm using Illustrator and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I type something like "=fancy=" and it looks exactly like "=fancy=" - what the?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sgrbrn For This Useful Post:

Member bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrbrn View Post
    Yeah, I'm using Illustrator and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I type something like "=fancy=" and it looks exactly like "=fancy=" - what the?
    try this way
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e07d0100196cbc5f-63bea.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqCQDNDvHU

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bajin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah, I tried that too. I can see glyphs for two of the swashes, but not some of the others. The strange thing is that Bombshell Pro has some similar swashes and I can get them to work on the My Fonts website (as well as in Illustrator), but I can't get Monmica's to work anywhere. Would love to know what the secret is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sgrbrn For This Useful Post:

Donor samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Dear sgrbrn,
    Could You share this fonts with us?
    I need to analyse the opentype features.
    Maybe I can fix the opentype features of this font to work in Illustrattor.
    Artur

12. The Following User Says Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 375 Posts
    Please share here:

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f44/[request-completed]-monmica-aga-silva-42437/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Speeker For This Useful Post:

Donor samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeker View Post
    Please share here:

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f44/[request-completed]-monmica-aga-silva-42437/
    Hi Speeker,
    there is nothing in this link.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 375 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samiartur View Post
    Hi Speeker,
    there is nothing in this link.
    Oops - you are correct, sorry. I did a search for Monmica and found that one and thought it was a "Request" thread. My bad.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Speeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ok guys, here it is:

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.

20. Your ad here

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgrbrn For This Useful Post:

Member bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 337 Posts
    I tried fancy and it looks like everything is here

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bajin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well geez, this is embarrassing. Don't ask me why, but I only checked the Monmica Basic. Have a laugh guys cause I am an idiot.

I still can't get it to work when I just type it, but I can use the glyphs panel fine. Sorry for my idiocy.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to sgrbrn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you for the fonts.
    Unfortunaly none of the 3 fonts has opentype features.
    If you have bought this font you may ask your money back.
    2014 glyphs and none opentype feature!
    If these fonts aren't original you lost the opentype features.
    Artur

27. The Following User Says Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

Banned rancor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    what you also forgot is, appart from having opentipe or not, you can and should always go to the glyph window and check all of the glyphs and just double click on any you want to use, that way you just dont depend on wether the font was done right or the open type works and you'll have your design up and running and its not far from 1 minute from looking that glyph to adding it then adjusting kerning, try it out because it will ignore whether the font has working ot or not

29. The Following User Says Thank You to rancor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rancor View Post
    what you also forgot is, appart from having opentipe or not, you can and should always go to the glyph window and check all of the glyphs and just double click on any you want to use, that way you just dont depend on wether the font was done right or the open type works and you'll have your design up and running and its not far from 1 minute from looking that glyph to adding it then adjusting kerning, try it out because it will ignore whether the font has working ot or not
    Hi Rancor,
    I didn't forget the Glyph Panel.
    You use the the Glyph Panel in the last case, like using ornaments.
    In this font you have to use the Glyph Panel because you don't have alternative.
    A font with a lot of alternative glyphs must have opentype features.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast