+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MODS: Best Practice About Filling Requests...

Banned aw804 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

MODS: Best Practice About Filling Requests...

I'm newer to this forum and I read the rules. I have noticed in the past, requests are posted in different ways and it looks like an effort is being made in this new area toward uniformity and organization by following procedures for filling requests. (Thank you!)

Realizing there are many people doing different things, are there preferable guidelines/recommendations to follow when posting in
    • Using hidden blocks vs not
    • Number of posts before allowing download
    • Using the password vs not

I know there has been discussion/debate about these things in the other area, but it would really help to have a recommendation to follow over here. It doesn't really matter way or another, but I would really like to know what "best practice" is.

Thank you for all you do!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aw804 For This Useful Post:

Moderator swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,527 Times in 702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aw804 View Post
    I'm newer to this forum and I read the rules. I have noticed in the past, requests are posted in different ways and it looks like an effort is being made in this new area toward uniformity and organization by following procedures for filling requests. (Thank you!)

Realizing there are many people doing different things, are there preferable guidelines/recommendations to follow when posting in
    • Using hidden blocks vs not
    • Number of posts before allowing download
    • Using the password vs not

I know there has been discussion/debate about these things in the other area, but it would really help to have a recommendation to follow over here. It doesn't really matter way or another, but I would really like to know what "best practice" is.

Thank you for all you do!
    Hi and welcome.

Thanks for your participation.

Rules are clear about hiding download links : you must hide them, without exception.

Same about password : you must compress files with the password menti-o-n-e-d into rules.

About number of posts allowing downloads, there is no rule. Now that the font forum is moderated, it will avoids spammers and junk. So, the decision belongs to each poster.

Swit.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread