+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to make new ligatures?

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts

How to make new ligatures?

I would like to ask if anyone knows how to make ligatures, and I use the font creator program, but I can not make ligatures that are not in the list that is integrated in the program, so do not let me make new ligatures, that is why I know how to make ligatures in this program, it can also be in Fontographer, for those who do know are the bands, as are the letters that are joined together, an example are the letters fi , ff, li, etc, but not meeting as perform double t, ie tt ligation, I found a page about it and tell me your code is $EED9 and called LATIN SMALL lIGATURE TT, also another call LATIN SMALL lIGATURE T ROTUNDA T ROTUNDA, your code is $EEDA , but putting on the code for font creator does not work me, I would try another program like Fontographer, but I need to know how this type of letters is done , the only thing that is in addition to the codes, is that this type of ligatures were used in ancient times and think it is of German origin , but in this last 'm not entirely sure , maybe one of the moderators know how to do it, I hope you can help or showing me a page where you can learn as performed, I was looking for several pages, but did not find anything to give them an example of what I say, colocare them these fonts leading standard ligatures:

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Member brian0760 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    If you are looking to add ligatures that are not supported in a certain character set, you probably want to define some glyph substitution tables... this is a table in an opentype font that will take combinations of letters and substitute them with a single alternate character.

I assume fontographer can do this... font lab and fontforge can do it.

http://ilovetypography.com/OpenType/opentype-features.html

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brian0760 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brian0760 View Post
    If you are looking to add ligatures that are not supported in a certain character set, you probably want to define some glyph substitution tables... this is a table in an opentype font that will take combinations of letters and substitute them with a single alternate character.

I assume fontographer can do this... font lab and fontforge can do it.

http://ilovetypography.com/OpenType/opentype-features.html

Thank you very much for the comment and of course the site, I'm reading right now, lots of information and interesting appears, I see it's much easier to make bonds with FontLab Studio program, information about this kind of letters is quite complete, I hope I never have problems to do it, thank you very much again, apparently is what I wanted, especially for fonts with which to write the letter and double tt out different, as I put in the fonts above.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Banned floflo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Is there a solution to create new ligature on fontlab ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to floflo For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread