+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to Edit Ripped Fonts with FontLab Studio (Tutorial)

Donor samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj.Dance View Post
    This one not work on Windows 7 ... I can't prove it !!
    Hi Dj.Dance,
    I use windows 7 and it works for me.
    Maybe is an especific font problem.
    It's much better use Cachett to save TTF fonts, you can see the diference using Font validator and analisyng the diferences.
    Did you try others fonts?
    Please, let me know.
    Artur

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

Member Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 179 Posts
    Yes, I was trying to save a font with bad metrics but the software was crushed.

I never save the fonts in TrueType format, I just wanted to try it with this specific font with problems.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dj.Dance For This Useful Post:

Member soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks

still getting really weird long "version" name

i can't seem to change the version name and i keep getting a really weird long wp ripping name on the version even though i've followed your steps.

thanks DJ!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soberali For This Useful Post:

Member Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soberali View Post
    i can't seem to change the version name and i keep getting a really weird long wp ripping name on the version even though i've followed your steps.

If what I'm thinking,

maybe could be the long name in your font ...
    You can put only 31 characters in the name of font

If you save the font you will see this ...

Best Regards !!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dj.Dance For This Useful Post:

Member soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold soberali is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    no, that line is not the problem. it's the "version" line that has all the weird names and characters. Here is an example

Version 1.000;com.myfonts.gaslight.blooming.deco.wfkit2.3 Rfp

when i delete this string on the version form field in studio 5 it just comes back.
    ugh.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soberali For This Useful Post:

Donor samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soberali View Post
    no, that line is not the problem. it's the "version" line that has all the weird names and characters. Here is an example

Version 1.000;com.myfonts.gaslight.blooming.deco.wfkit2.3 Rfp

when i delete this string on the version form field in studio 5 it just comes back.
    ugh.
    Go to Copyright Information, correct what you want and press apply.

Go to aditional Opentype Names - press the button "reset the names" and after press
    the button import names and press apply.

I believe this will resolve your problem.

Artur

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

renaming of version

so i figured it out.
    go to "Additional Open Type Names" in Fontlab Studio 5. generate the FI in Non-English or special font names by clicking the little arrow down. scroll down to both version lines and delete everything after the version number in the bottom dialog box, then click apply. make sure you do it for both version line items.
    that's it. LOVE THIS TEAMWORK. PrintRoot and it's members ROCK!!

soberali

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soberali For This Useful Post:

Junior Member limakus is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Helpful tutorial, thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to limakus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The best software to rename

I found this software here:

http://www.plunder.com/DTL-OTMaster-v2-4-0-Win-download-7L9FXUJZ29.htm

It's the real deal.

If you want it, dowload quickly!

It is a fantastic software!

Artur

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I prefer FontLab Studio ...

it's more easy and faster !!

20. Your ad here

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dj.Dance For This Useful Post:

Member tinytoes has a spectacular aura about tinytoes has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks

Aha! Thank goodness I found this thread!

I'm having problems with the Mrs Lollipop font I have downloaded here. I have PM'ed some of the members for help and I'll post it here, too.

Font Book keeps saying Mrs Lollipop has duplicates.

I cleared my font caches, installed Suitcase Fusion, and still no good. (Btw, thank you wordnerd!)

I think, from what I have read in this forum, the internal/core/PostScript names of the styles of Mrs Lollipop are the same that's why Font Book is saying it has duplicates. It's a dot. See screenshot:

Now from what I learned in this very helpful thread, I need to edit those core names and see if that will solve my problem :)

I've searched this place for links to download FontLab and OTMaster by samiartur, but sadly they are PC versions (I'm using a Mac), have dead links, or is posted in a section of this forum which I cannot access. I hope someone can help me with this :)

Follow-up questions:

> Samiartur keeps saying that DTL OTmaster only changes the name without doing anything to the rest of the font. I like this feature. But can OTmaster also do stuff in DJ.Dance's tutorial, like group all styles of the font so that it shows as 1 font family?

> Is FontLab worth it to install for someone like me who will probably use it once for Mrs Lollipop font and nothing more? :)

> Fontforge is free, I heard, but can this do what FontLab can do? :)

> Do I need to post a request for FontLab for Mac on a separate thread?

Hoping to hear from all the font experts in this lovely forum! :) THANKS!!!
    Last edited by tinytoes; 11-30-2013 at 10:36 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to tinytoes For This Useful Post:

Member tinytoes has a spectacular aura about tinytoes has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks

This worked yay!

Ok, here's an update.

I found this: http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/fontlab-studio-5-mac-18547/

I followed every step in this tutorial, and my Mrs Lollipop font is now working!

Thanks!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tinytoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hahah !!

Congratulations man !!!

I'll do a post with some font tools too.

Best regards.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dj.Dance For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Otf

What's the difference between "Compiled" and "Binary" in saving an otf?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to tinytoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tinytoes View Post
    What's the difference between "Compiled" and "Binary" in saving an otf?
    When you save using binary options Fontlab interprets the opentype tables in hisway and ignore the opentype tables the program does not know.
    I always use "compiled" to mantain all tables.
    Don't forget the option write the custom opentype tables.
    Artur

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast