+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Historic Fonts

Senior Member Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 356 Posts

Historic Fonts

Hi guys, I found a font so awesome, it's Kate Moss's logo, named Albroni, designed by Nico Schweizer in 1992.

It's drawn originally by Alexey Brodovich - Harper's Bazaar art director - in 1950.

It looks so great, but now it's in historic font category of Lineto foundry with some other fonts, they're not released?

Link here to Historic font category of Lineto:
    http://lineto.com/1.0/index_23.html
    and here is Albroni font:
    http://lineto.com/1.0/content_36.html
    I can't find any website publishing them.

I feel so so so so so excited with it, but how can I have it? Or I never have it? Anyone here knows about historic fonts?
    If you have problem with my links, PM me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 323 Posts
    I also long ago and since I'm interested in creating fonts, I take time to see what were some of the most important historical sources and I get to find this page:

http://www.yeslists.com/historic-fonts/
    In there found a semi complete list of interesting historical fonts, I for my part can make reasonably accurate copies of almost any fonts, but until now I have not dared to do it, I could make this font, but not what say the other forum users, I think that the copies are not very well views but that's just my opinion.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxok View Post
    I also long ago and since I'm interested in creating fonts, I take time to see what were some of the most important historical sources and I get to find this page:

In there found a semi complete list of interesting historical fonts, I for my part can make reasonably accurate copies of almost any fonts, but until now I have not dared to do it, I could make this font, but not what say the other forum users, I think that the copies are not very well views but that's just my opinion.
    Wow, I just visit your link but still can't find Albroni font (just find some font like Trajan Pro - some fonts still published in Myfonts), maybe it's not published and just only in Lineto site now. Quite sad, anyway, thanks for your link.
    If you have problem with my links, PM me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 323 Posts
    There are many missing fonts in the list, but do not know them all, it is not a complete list anyway you can see some of the most important historical fonts, some are quite difficult to obtain, although the exact word that they are it would be unobtainable through normal means.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Banned timoteo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    And a related link if you're interested.

http://www.houseind.com/showandtell/index.php?id=355

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timoteo For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread