+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Generic names

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts

Generic names

Can any of you tell me which are all generic names that are to be placed font, an example would be condensed, regular, headline, or bold, swashes, etc. I could also clarify whether they can be placed other similar names to the above said, please.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Member ruzena will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Not sure if I understand your question correctly.

Regular — of normal, standard weight, sometimes used interchangeably with book (but that being a liitle bit lighter)
    Condensed — narrow, constructed for a much tighter letter fit
    Headline — optical weight to use in large sizes, with more contrast and detailing
    Bold — the classic thick weight
    Swash — ornamental weight with curly details that sometimes connect to adjacent letters. It is primarily designed to use one swath capital and the rest in lowercase, eg. "Section" with "S" set in swash weight, "ection" in normal weight.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruzena For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzena View Post
    Not sure if I understand your question correctly.

Regular — of normal, standard weight, sometimes used interchangeably with book (but that being a liitle bit lighter)
    Condensed — narrow, constructed for a much tighter letter fit
    Headline — optical weight to use in large sizes, with more contrast and detailing
    Bold — the classic thick weight
    Swash — ornamental weight with curly details that sometimes connect to adjacent letters. It is primarily designed to use one swath capital and the rest in lowercase, eg. "Section" with "S" set in swash weight, "ection" in normal weight.

Thank you, but I discovered what I wanted, everything was FontCreator settings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread