+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Font Organizer?

Banned liquidvamp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Font Organizer?

Hi guys.

My first time starting a thread here. I have a lot of fonts on my PC now. And before this, I've installed most of them and they slows my programs that uses fonts (i.e. Photoshop/Illustrator) because it will load all of the fonts.

My question: Is there a program that can organize my fonts so that I don't have to install every one of my fonts to the computer to use it?

Hope it's clear what I'm trying to ask here. Sorry for my English.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to liquidvamp For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 356 Posts
    For your previewing demand, you can try Fast Font Preview by Lanmisoft, it's free here:
    http://www.lanmisoft.com/fastfontpreview.htm
    Or you can try others such as X-Fonter, AMP Font Viewer etc.
    If you have problem with my links, PM me.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Font Xprorer By Linotype is very professional.

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stradivarious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks for the suggestions guys. so the programs will let me preview, install & uninstall fonts i like whenever i wanted?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liquidvamp For This Useful Post:

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidvamp View Post
    thanks for the suggestions guys. so the programs will let me preview, install & uninstall fonts i like whenever i wanted?

Of course, the program displays fonts install and uninstall within the operating system.

This forum is customary to thank pressing the button "Thanks" for each post that you liked or served.

Cheers!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stradivarious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    alright! just what I'm looking for.. thanks a bunch guys! :D

12. The Following User Says Thank You to liquidvamp For This Useful Post:

Banned jdd1510 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Not sure if this thread is inactive, but Linotype FontExplorer will forever be my favorite. Easy to export, easy to preview

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jdd1510 For This Useful Post:

Member zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold zeitgeistsfo is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    I love FontExplorer, but another nice option out there is TypeDNA. It's unique ability is to find similar and contrasting fonts by examining their letterforms (Suitcase tries to do this but the feature doesn't work well).
    Last edited by zeitgeistsfo; 08-31-2014 at 07:48 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeitgeistsfo For This Useful Post:

Junior Member badly is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Are there such font manager that will automatically categorize fonts, maybe based on Myfonts tags?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to badly For This Useful Post:

Junior Member bajselina is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by badly View Post
    Are there such font manager that will automatically categorize fonts, maybe based on Myfonts tags?
    FontExplorer allows you to create your own custom tags and you can let it automatically classify your fonts by receiving data from the Linotype Server.

Fontcase will automatically fetch metadata for all your fonts from Typedia. Unfortunately it has been discontinued.

20. Your ad here

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bajselina For This Useful Post:

Member netizen777 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

For me the best font manager in PC is MAIN TYPE

Hi,

For me the fastest font manager in a Windows based PC and the one who lets you previewing the font without installing it with custom text is MAIN TYPE http://www.maintype.com/ . I recommend it ! Give it a try

23. The Following User Says Thank You to netizen777 For This Useful Post:

Banned drewdochop is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Does anyone know of a font manager where you can group font weights together by their font family name? My Illustrator gives the weights of a typeface its own family. Like I have xx Light, xx Regular, xx Bold, etc. I want to pick xx then be able to select the weight. Sorry for the harsh explanation, I don't know if I explained it enough =(

25. The Following User Says Thank You to drewdochop For This Useful Post:

Banned pnkrck will become famous soon enough pnkrck will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    FontXplorer I guess. I used on Mac and it is pretty good. Windows version should be good.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pnkrck For This Useful Post:

Donor CagedCartel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Ive been using Suitcase good but the Plugins to CC are very very slow considering I have I7 with 32GB memory thanks zeitgeistsfo TypeDNA looks good

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeistsfo View Post
    I love FontExplorer, but another nice option out there is TypeDNA. It's unique ability is to find similar and contrasting fonts by examining their letterforms (Suitcase tries to do this but the feature doesn't work well).

Junior Member sandyesuh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SethYork View Post
    With Mac's recent update, the FontBook font organizer has received several nice new upgrades (which was long overdue). Be sure to check it out after you update!
    I've been using fontexplorer but I have yet to upgrade to Yosemite. This may just push me over the edge. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast