+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Font Downloaded and not Visable in drop down

Banned jukes98 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Font Downloaded and not Visable in drop down

I recently downloaded Trend Handmade ( otf and ttf) and after i installed it ( right clicked and selected install) then when I went to my illustrator the font is not in the drop down.

I went to the font folder ( Windows) and its not even listed, but when I go to "reinstall" it states the file is already loaded.

Has anyone got a fix for this or experienced this issue?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jukes98 For This Useful Post:

Member 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of 1223942 has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 121 Posts
    Please uninstall those fonts you recently loaded onto your computer and then restart. Download this file afterwards and install the fonts: http://ge.tt/6L2j0Qh/v/0. (Thanks to FontChick for the upload.)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1223942 For This Useful Post:

Banned rancor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jukes98 View Post
    I recently downloaded Trend Handmade ( otf and ttf) and after i installed it ( right clicked and selected install) then when I went to my illustrator the font is not in the drop down.

I went to the font folder ( Windows) and its not even listed, but when I go to "reinstall" it states the file is already loaded.

Has anyone got a fix for this or experienced this issue?
    Grab yourself a font amin solution from the likes of font explorer x, suitcase or bitstream font navigator, that way those software make using fonts just to the point of using them, not bothering with installations, restarts and bugs like fonts not showing but listed, just make a nice folder put everything in there and point those software to look for and build a library from that folder, all your fonts will show even system based so you just activate them on the fly when you need them and they will deactivate when not needed anymore so windows is free from unused fonts which makes it boot faster, the adobe suit will boot faster as it caches less, the plugins for both font explorer and suitcase work on the fly when the software is running it can make fonts appear just with one click, and you can browse fonts faster than one by one drop down list.

HTML Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.
    HTML Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. pleaseĀ Register to gain full access.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rancor For This Useful Post:

Junior Member postman18 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Lets get technical. Install the awesome'Everything' search tool from voidtools.com, and do a search on your hard drive for the font in question, see if you can find it. Everyone should have this little utility on their PC regardless. Anyway, if it fount the font, try to uninstall/delete and re-install it back.

If you didn't find the font in your computer, next try to search for Trend Handmade in the windows registry. RegSeeker is a great tool for this. Google it, dload it from MajorGeeks website, install and search your registry for the problem font. If anything comes up, delete those registry entries, reboot and try re-installing the font again.

On a different note, it used to be Illustrator could only display I believe only a few hundred fonts even though you might have over 2000 fonts in your windows\fonts folder. Since you're not using a font manager, you might wanna lighten up your windows fonts folder but be careful not to delete system fonts, no matter how stupid looking they might be Good luck

my two cents

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to postman18 For This Useful Post:

Banned doubleseven is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    put the font to illustrator font folder

10. The Following User Says Thank You to doubleseven For This Useful Post:

Banned ginaseo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You can try typing something on the program like Microsoft Words then copy and paste on illustrator.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ginaseo For This Useful Post:

Banned mrpeach32 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I agree with Postman, search everything is a great thing.

When I have this problem I usually just restart the computer and it works. If that doesn't work you might need to re-download the font and try again.

If someone knows a good program to scrub fonts off the system that might be helpful as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrpeach32 For This Useful Post:

Banned jukes98 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the suggestions

At this point I am going to try everything out one by one and see what works....its frustrating as hell sometimes, lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jukes98 For This Useful Post:

Banned ernie is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've had this with a few fonts. The only thing I've found to work is to shutdown Illustrator, delete the font from the entire system, then reinstall.

That's never failed for me...good luck!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread