+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Font Bummer

Banned Soulchild is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I understand your frustration OP, but the goal is to make sure people are contributing knowledge and resources and not just taking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Soulchild For This Useful Post:

Junior Member LeBetenoir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It is a bummer, but it does get people to participate more in the forums and be more active members of the site, which is never a bad thing. Mind you, some of those limits are really high! I have a feeling people base those limits on their own post ratings.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeBetenoir For This Useful Post:

Junior Member jrclose is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i understand the point (although sometimes frustrating)—it fosters a community of contributors, rather than just a download site

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jrclose For This Useful Post:

Junior Member jamiebergeron is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome!

I thought the same thing when I first started navigating, and I'm still very new, but the more you contribute to more you get out of it! Just keep posting and sharing, and you will get there!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiebergeron For This Useful Post:

Banned el_panda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBetenoir View Post
    It is a bummer, but it does get people to participate more in the forums and be more active members of the site, which is never a bad thing.
    I'm new here, but honestly, that's not the feeling I've been getting. A large portion of the messages seem to have been made in the sole purpose of getting your post count up. The meaningful posts get buried under all the quickly spammed one-liners

10. The Following User Says Thank You to el_panda For This Useful Post:

Banned Joedy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    But according to the Rules, members are not allowed to issue "Thanks" replies.

It's a Catch-22. New users don't have enough posts to see the links, but then can't obtain anything to, in turn, share themselves.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joedy For This Useful Post:

Banned sbvrt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm new myself and irst I was thinking the same. But reading around a bit I guess this forum tries to preserve it's character of community - you need to give to be allowed to take, and thats a good thing! Otherwise it would end up beeing dead space only used to rip fonts by random googlers, and would loose any value as a room for ressource sharing and discussion very quickly.

In the end, this is neither meant to be the pirate bay, nore to be dafont.com - getting a font here is someone else helping you out, it's not a replacement for buying a proper license when you actually use it in a project. ;)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sbvrt For This Useful Post:

Member qinetic is a glorious beacon of light qinetic is a glorious beacon of light qinetic is a glorious beacon of light qinetic is a glorious beacon of light qinetic is a glorious beacon of light qinetic is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks
    When a font I like, I put anyway thumbs up, even when I can not download.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to qinetic For This Useful Post:

Moderator swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,527 Times in 702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tony 7 View Post
    I'm a newbie here but honestly , I think it's easy to reach those 5 basis posts/points needed for almost 90% of the " Releases " : offer a couple of good Fonts , post a couple of Requests , write a few wise comments in threads , and there you go .. I just did it in couple of days , without spamming or throwing junk around . I don't really focus on the 20 posts fonts , there are tons of excellent stuff at the 5 posts level , and a Big thanks goes to the guys who are offering all this just for free !
    Tony, i remind you the rule about comments :

i) MESSAGES OF THANKS, empty messages and such SPAM are strictly prohibited. Express your gratitude only by clicking on the "THANKS" BUTTON. Only technical comments and reviews are allowed.

Do not advice people to comment to JUST increase their posts count.

Indeed, the best way about it is to share and contribute ;)

Swit.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

Banned sbvrt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swit View Post
    Do not advice people to comment to JUST increase their posts count.

Indeed, the best way about it is to share and contribute ;)
    I really really like that approach. I discovered this forum only a few days ago and am really happy to have, after long, found a helpful and thriving forum again.

And honestly, the hidden link thing doesnt bother me in any way - but actively using the platform for 2 days, I already can't count how many "I just registered and didn't read the topic, but HELVETICA!"-posts I came across...

20. Your ad here

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sbvrt For This Useful Post:

Banned emclain87 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Sort of related to this

Why do my number of posts disappear? I haven't been able to find information about that. Yesterday I had 11 posts and I got up today and I have 8. What gives?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to emclain87 For This Useful Post:

Moderator swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    emclain87 : you got PM.

Swit.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Would you all stop to complain about posts count ?

Main reasons why some of your posts are missing :
    • You did not follow the rules in Fonts or Resources forums, your posts have been deleted.

And/or :

• All old requests threads, useless or outdated threads, or threads with dead links in Resources forum are deleted as one goes along. It is including all posts within a particular thread.

If you want to increase your posts count : let's participate and share.
    Now, if you have any question, feel free to ask me by PM.

Swit.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

Junior Member deborah_poe is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm new here and can see both sides to this.

I think the post requirement forces people to make up stuff to post (just look how many "Hi, I'm new here." posts there are. Also, the rules on posts seems super strict, but for some reason spammy posts are still ok? Weird. Also, super annoying that posts in General Chat don't count toward your posts, as that is where you would normally go to interact with the forum users, which it seems is what they want here.

However, I also see the need for such restrictions as it prevents just anyone from coming in and downloading every font or resource and then leaving. It's a lot of work for most of the people who share and upload, and I think genuine appreciation is all they want.

I think we have to get some perspective. The reality is your getting something you want...for free...in exchange for nothing but a few minutes of your time and some gratitude. Most things in life aren't free and we aren't entitled to anything.

I suggest for the people who don't like the rules, there are many places where you can start your own forum with any rules you like.

Not trying to start a riot, just putting in my two cents.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to deborah_poe For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2