+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Font Bummer

Junior Member Bravo23 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Fonts

Isn't this theft?
    Last edited by Bravo23; 10-16-2014 at 10:18 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bravo23 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,525 Times in 2,097 Posts

Posting Requirements

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am a new member and the exact same thing happened to me. I was so excited to finally mark 2 fonts off my wanted list and then couldn't download them. The good news is I searched through my collection of fonts and starting posting fonts that haven't been shared before and reached the requirement within a few days.

Some members place posting restrictions on fonts they post to prevent people from leeching. In other words, members need to create some posts and contribute to the forum before they can download the posted fonts. This prevents people from continuously requesting but never giving back.

It may seem difficult at first, but don't get discouraged. You will be surprised at how quickly you can reach the minimum posting requirement. Just remember to do a search first so you don't duplicate a previous post.

If you don't have a lot of fonts to share, you can also contribute your knowledge by responding to posters' questions, helping to identify fonts, etc. Another option is to send a private message to the poster of the font explaining your situation.

I hope this helps. This is a great place to share and receive many wonderful fonts.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JackieFont For This Useful Post:

Junior Member cmm2007 has a spectacular aura about cmm2007 has a spectacular aura about cmm2007 has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    There are a few fonts I have been unable to see as well but I just bookmark them for once I do have enough posts I can get them. :) I think it is good the forum works as it does. This way every contributes, it makes it fair.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmm2007 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute JackieFont has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,525 Times in 2,097 Posts
    I say go ahead and post those fonts if nobody else hasn't already. Just because they don't cost a lot doesn't mean that others won't fine them useful.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JackieFont For This Useful Post:

Member Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 179 Posts
    Guys, Sometimes we put a limit of post because there are many people unable to appreciate the effort we make for you.

I know ... maybe you really need the font and you'll be grateful but the forum it's infected with leechers.

Just see the picture ...

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dj.Dance For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts
    What would be the font you are looking for, because I have in my possession many fonts displayed in this forum, but I had from before, so I ask you, if you tell me the name of the font, maybe the have and are, acuerdate to place an image of the font or a link where it appears.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Member mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of mrdiarts has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 119 Posts
    I agree with Dj.Dance!
    ...and I don't put limitation...
    but the same result

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdiarts For This Useful Post:

Member MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute MyFs13 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 172 Posts

New Section

Why ? ? ?

MyFs13, you do not have permission to access this page.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFs13 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Hago has a spectacular aura about Hago has a spectacular aura about Hago has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    i just can't see how a limit of posts keeps leechers away.

The Screenshot from Dj.Dance shows that they are leeching even in a high limit post. I think there is obviously no way to get as many "thanks" as downloads.

but as a side effect there is spam like 30 requests in a row, or pathetic -word-posts (which i've d myself - i am not proud of it).

i vote for low limits.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hago For This Useful Post:

Member Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute Dj.Dance has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 179 Posts
    Hi Hago,

My screenshot don't show the limit ... you see my total post !!
    The most high limit that I put are 30 post.

I always try to help to the people and over half of my post are "filling request"
    that's why I need to know if my post are helpful.

20. Your ad here

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dj.Dance For This Useful Post:

Banned jdarling is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I think it's a small price to pay to get what you want.

It could be worse, say requiring XX number of posts since last download, or something.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdarling For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Hago has a spectacular aura about Hago has a spectacular aura about Hago has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    High Dj.Dance

from my point of view 30 post limits are still very high

let me assure you your posts are very helpful. There are simply a lot of people out there unable to say (or click) "thank you". In Germany they say "Undank ist der Welt Lohn", which means: Ingratitude is everybody's rewarding.

guess we have to live with that.

personally i am looking forward to "thank you" for that cool Quan Slim Font

back to topic: i feel with bravo23. It isn't very helpful to hide the font from the o ne who requested. it is frustrating. i couldn't blame him for some spamming, since his favorite font is just a couple of posts away.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hago For This Useful Post:

Member auramasda is a name known to all auramasda is a name known to all auramasda is a name known to all auramasda is a name known to all auramasda is a name known to all auramasda is a name known to all
    Thanks
    the leechers will always leech this is human nature and you can't expect to have a full thanks, sometime I download a font for a better view and dont like it so you got the download and no thanks, my fonts go download 500 times and I got only 32 thanks, for me is not that big problem

27. The Following User Says Thank You to auramasda For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 356 Posts
    If you have something easily, you'll not know how difficult to get this font and share for you.

Although hide or no, we - share - to be shared. Even though you have nothing to give back, you still can press thanks button, send a private message, or comment just to encourage us. You have no reason for loving a font, searching a font, downloading a font and doing nothing to give back sth to posters. If you just download and run, or request is your life, posters may be upset, and don't like to take some posts for you anymore.

Sorry for my bad English.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Junior Member iLeon will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Dj.Dance's screenshot speak louder than thousand words.
    I'm afraid, that's the world today.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to iLeon For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast