+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Effect in this font?

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts

Red face Effect in this font?

One last query, I would like to know how you can make an effect that gives the font the possibility that the small letters become more attached to the capital letters, without interfering the margin realized in capital letters, I hope you can understand me mean the space between letters can be seen in a font when writing.

Last edited by Cloxok; 01-08-2014 at 06:30 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Banned momentsbytimothy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    you have to access the glyphs in the font. Not all fonts have these alternative characters.

I know how to do this in Adobe products (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and

InDesign and Illustrator
    1. go to Type menu
    2. select glyphs from the menu (or hit Alt+Shirt+F11)
    3. Then make sure you have the correct font selected on the bottom of the glyph menu that appears. It will show you all glyphs that are part of this font. Some fonts are more organized than others and will list alternates for a letter or letters in logical order.

Photoshop
    1. go to the Window menu
    2. select character from the menu
    3. make sure the font is OpenType and selected
    4. click on the menu dialog icon in the upper right corner and a menu will appear and you can select OpenType and choose your options.
    5. The only downside to glyphs in Photoshop is there is no map to view all the possible glyphs.

I thought maybe you can access the glyphs through Window's character map but I did not have success with this option.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to momentsbytimothy For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    I forgot to say that if you know how this is done by creating a font, forgive me, I forgot to say this, anyway thank you very much for answering, but what I want is to know how that effect is done in a fountain when the creation with any program to create fonts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Junior Member fleezy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    dont know

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fleezy For This Useful Post:

Banned weisze will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxok View Post
    One last query, I would like to know how you can make an effect that gives the font the possibility that the small letters become more attached to the capital letters, without interfering the margin realized in capital letters, I hope you can understand me mean the space between letters can be seen in a font when writing.

I would also like to know how this effect is performed at the font, as you can see in the font below called "Sverige Script", you can see how to write the letter "t" lowercase, nothing happens, but when writing a double t, ie "tt", the letter seems to change, ie changes its shape, that's what I want to know how it's done, I'd be very grateful.

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/sverige-script-20993/

Contextual alternates, I think.
    Last edited by weisze; 10-18-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Banned realitym will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Most specifically yes, it's the Contextual Alternates section of the OpenType features of the font. If it's not already coded in the font, no luck in getting it automatically. You'll have to redraw the glyphs and create your own alternates for this kind of situation.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to realitym For This Useful Post:

Banned supershock is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You can see the font information with font app ex FontExplorer Pro to see all available character.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to supershock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you all, but I discovered what I wanted, everything was FontCreator settings.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread