+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CM script fonts

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,115 Times in 757 Posts

CM script fonts

Is it just me or do many of the "Brush Script" and "Pointed Pen" scripts @Creativemarket look the same?
    Last edited by davisfirs; 10-29-2015 at 02:56 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to davisfirs For This Useful Post:

Senior Member linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute linkgreencold has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davisfirs View Post
    Is it just me or do many of the "Brush Script" and "Penpoint" scripts @Creativemarket look the same?
    I have the same feeling. It's getting boring.
    Les jours tristes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to linkgreencold For This Useful Post:

Member Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    Is it just me or do many of the "Brush Script" and "Pointed Pen" scripts @Creativemarket look the same?
    I was honestly just going to message you and ask if you wanted to make a script font with me...

https://youtu.be/FF4Z05LSZrI

We call it "Cliché Gothic" and one character should probably be a dead horse. Haven't decided.
    Last edited by Composed; 11-20-2015 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Thought of more jokes.

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    "cantcontrolmypenscript" would be a good name. Must remember to call it "Handmade" - good for sales.
    ( - At least anyone can make a font these days).

Just what character were you creating in CS btw?

The worrying thing is that foundries like Fenotype, Fontfabric and TypeType are churning out their own versions of this type of stuff.

Last edited by davisfirs; 11-20-2015 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Found an image to get point across.

Member wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 163 Posts
    Just my opinion, but I think a lot of these rip off Laura Worthington.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wordnerd For This Useful Post:

Member Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    "cantcontrolmypenscript" would be a good name. Must remember to call it "Handmade" - good for sales.
    ( - At least anyone can make a font these days).

Just what character were you creating in CS btw?

The worrying thing is that foundries like Fenotype, Fontfabric and TypeType are churning out their own versions of this type of stuff.

I was trying to make a double-story 'a' but it turned into a delta δ sperm.

Designers are just flooding the market with these - seems like it's been this way for over a year. It's mostly presentation with all fonts. Some flowers and pastel runoff. They're the boy-bands of text.

Banned aprilhw3 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wordnerd View Post
    Just my opinion, but I think a lot of these rip off Laura Worthington.
    But without her style

Thanks
    Haha, Composed.

For all collectors who don't want to miss another subtly different brush script this one is absolutely free!
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 3 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
    Last edited by davisfirs; 11-22-2015 at 03:47 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to davisfirs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    I think I'd best refrain from further posts now. Composed's horse is well dead, and mine is of the hobby variety!
    Last edited by davisfirs; 11-22-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks
    Couldn't resist:

By the way, I should add that Graptail is one of the CM foundries that does a very good job with brush scripts.
    Last edited by davisfirs; 11-23-2015 at 02:45 PM.

15. Your ad here

16. The Following User Says Thank You to davisfirs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Would love to see some CM Script WFs posted. When there just is no substitute... What The Font and Font Matcherator just haven't been cutting it today.

Thanks
    Originals no good?

Code:

+ Reply to Thread