+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Browsers consuming high CPU on printroot.com

Member bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 337 Posts

Browsers consuming high CPU on printroot.com

since falling snowflakes on printroot.com, my browser consumes high cpu on the site printroot forum, anyone else have this problem with ? I tried Chrome, Firefox and IE, Firefox is the worst (99%)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bajin For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts
    The truth is that I do not pass me, the web is normal and the cpu is quite normal, just a little higher, but nothing else, should depend on the type of pc or the speed of the cpu or video card this case, if the graphics pc low as transparencies and styles, we can decrease the pc cpu consumption, formasborra all temporary files, if you recently downloaded a program delete it and check any new program installed, check it with the arministrador task.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Banned el_panda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Didn't notice such problems, but I do find them a bit annoying. I hope this isn't for the whole winter

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el_panda For This Useful Post:

Member bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute bajin has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    I have not installed anything new, and everything is clean, true PC is a little older, but the only problem I have with printroot.com page, but it does not matter, I'll be back when it ceases to snow
    thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bajin For This Useful Post:

Junior Member LeBetenoir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It is mildly distracting/ annoying, I keep feeling like there are tiny bugs or bits of dust flying in front of my eyes. It's a tiny bit "geocities in 2000" but hey, Christmas or whatever.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeBetenoir For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute Asian has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 356 Posts
    When I reply here (now), my CPU usage is 0 - 10%. It's just normal and normal.

Do you need to check your computer for problem?
    If you have problem with my links, PM me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I do not know what I can see, the problem is we just printroot.com and since they put flakes, until then it was all OK.
    As I said, just to printroot.com my cpu is at 99%, why only that, I wonder?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bajin For This Useful Post:

Member mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 135 Posts

Cool CPU Consumption Resulting from Active Content

Members who use Firefox Browser and are experiencing resource issues at PrintRoot.com and other sites should consider the following free and proven Firefox Add-On.

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 1 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

Check out both sites. I'm sure you do not have to be reminded that you should never install Apps/Extensions/Plug-ins from any site that is suspect, or it could ruin your day big-time. So, only install from one of the original sources above.

NoScript is an extension that allows you to manage (allow or block) active content on any website you visit, giving you a higher degree of control over what your browser loads. The extension is especially useful on sites where security is questionable and sites that are considered malicious.

Obviously PrintRoot.com is not in that category, however, if the snow flake active content is using too much CPU resources, or if you just don't like flakes, you can kill them with NoScript and the CPU usage will drop and your surfing speed will increase.

I have been using the NoScript extension for several months and I like it. It takes a little experimentation to assess the impact on how website content will display, but it's not complicated. Once you set preferences for the sites you frequent, you then only have to be concerned with exceptions.

When installed in Firefox, NoScript appears as an orb on the left side of your Navigation Toolbar. Hover over the orb with your mouse pointer and the options appear in a drop down box. You will see all the content that websites link to and what actually loads in your browser. (You might be surprised.)

All The Best!

mossyrun
    Last edited by mossyrun; 12-06-2013 at 11:02 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mossyrun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks mossyrun but are you able to stop 'cereal' and if you can explain precisely how,
    I installed NoScript but still 'snowing' 99%

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bajin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thank you, thank you, thank you mossyrun I reinstaled No Script and now everything is OK
    thanks a lot mossyrun
    Last edited by bajin; 12-07-2013 at 08:09 AM.

20. Your ad here

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bajin For This Useful Post:

Banned sbvrt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    CPU seems just fine, but it is a bit annoying though. Definitely forces the browser to recalculate layout all the time :/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sbvrt For This Useful Post:

Banned 69junkmail96 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I used AdBlock Plus and Firefox to disable the client script "snowstorm" which causes the "snow." It is sunny and warm here now!
    Last edited by 69junkmail96; 12-10-2013 at 07:13 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to 69junkmail96 For This Useful Post:

Banned chillseeker is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Would be nice if we could turn it off in our forum settings.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to chillseeker For This Useful Post:

Member mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of mossyrun has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 135 Posts

Cool Adblock Plus for Firefox (ABP)

ABP first suggested @ 69junkmail96

Here are some additional tips for Firefox users.
    If you want to improve your InterWebin' experience you might want to consider installing ABP and configuring it the way I do as follows:

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 1 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

All The Best!
    Last edited by mossyrun; 12-10-2013 at 09:11 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mossyrun For This Useful Post:

Junior Member pbsala248 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    cute but annoying these snowflakes...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pbsala248 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast