+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attempted hacking

Senior Member Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 375 Posts

Attempted hacking

In the last few days, I've received two separate emails which read:

Dear Speeker,

Someone has tried to log into your account on PrintRoot Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

All the best,
    PrintRoot Forums

(I've taken out the IP address for now).

Can someone please explain this?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Speeker For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future Cloxok has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 323 Posts
    It means that someone tried to access your account any more, if the message was one of the moderators of this website will be because as I said, if you were not the moderators of this website, it may be someone who wants to get you as much, if so, will check your pc if you have viruses, spyware or trojano, also it is possible that you were there maybe you were wrong in placing the password any more, also it may be someone in your family and/or acquaintances.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloxok For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of Speeker has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 375 Posts
    Difficult to understand your English, but I don't have any viruses, and there's no possible way that it could have been family or acquaintances.

Has anyone else experienced this?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Speeker For This Useful Post:

Member wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 163 Posts
    No idea, honestly—maybe it was just somebody who picked you at random to try to hack because you have a high post count and they're just that greedy for fonts???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wordnerd For This Useful Post:

Banned angelim is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'd change my password anyway. I always generate and save strong passwords in 1Password.
    It also would be best to contact swit or any other admin for this. If this attacker wasn't careful and logged into his account with the same IP address, an admin can identify him.

That's unacceptable, for sure!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to angelim For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread