+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [REQUEST] Help with OpenType

Member murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks

[REQUEST] Help with OpenType

Does anyone know how to fix the OpenType issues with the Copernicus in FontLab? When you try to compile the OpenType features, there are fatal errors. Please help. Thank you.

Here are the files.
    Hidden Block (you must be registered):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to murchmustangs For This Useful Post:

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,115 Times in 757 Posts
    What sort of errors? What did you do and in what software did the errors occur?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to davisfirs For This Useful Post:

Banned stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold stradivarious is a splendid one to behold
    Thanks
    Could you please specify in detail

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stradivarious For This Useful Post:

Member murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light murchmustangs is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks
    Hello. I was using FontLab 5 and I opened up the OpenType panel, attempting to do view/adjust the "liga" and "dlig" functions of the font, which I could do. But then, when I pressed Compile so that I could Preview, there were "fatal errors" but I wasn't sure which parts caused those errors.

I just want to know which parts of the OpenType are causing those errors and if they can be fixed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to murchmustangs For This Useful Post:

Junior Member drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all
    Thanks

Open Type Errors

@murchmustangs

At a quick glance: look at the first line of languagesystem [spaces] dflt;

it is probably this that is causing the fatal error. Two solutions:

1. the hard way: replace with languagesystem DFLT dflt (just for that one line... leave others as they are); and then in each opentype feature where you see " script ;", change to " script DFLT;"... then you should be able to compile.

2. The easy way: when generating, use "binary" rather than "compile"...

Hope that helps

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drkhaos For This Useful Post:

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,115 Times in 757 Posts
    Try these:

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 4 posts):

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davisfirs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davisfirs View Post
    Try these:

*** hidden content ***
    Nope, these are the exact same fonts I started out with. The problem is still there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to murchmustangs For This Useful Post:

Member Juana is just really nice Juana is just really nice Juana is just really nice Juana is just really nice
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murchmustangs View Post
    Nope, these are the exact same fonts I started out with. The problem is still there.
    why don't you try with other version of this software?? maybe a portable version, sometimes it's just that...it happened to me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Juana For This Useful Post:

Donor samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about samiartur has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    You can try 2 programs:
    DTL OTMaster 2.4 or TTX 2.4.
    I believe TTX 2.4 is the right option.
    [HIDE="Compiled version of TTX/FontTools 2.4 for Windows:
    http://rusfolder.com/37217290

This version of TTX was build on Windows 7, Python 2.7.5 Win32 (http://www.python.org/download/), Py2exe 0.6.9 Win32 for Python 2.7 (http://www.py2exe.org/), NumPy 1.7.1 for Python 2.7 Win32 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/), Inno Setup 5.5.3 (non Unicode version) (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php)."][/HIDE]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to samiartur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juana View Post
    why don't you try with other version of this software?? maybe a portable version, sometimes it's just that...it happened to me
    Do you have another version of the software? I only have the Build 4868.

20. Your ad here

21. The Following User Says Thank You to murchmustangs For This Useful Post:

Member Juana is just really nice Juana is just really nice Juana is just really nice Juana is just really nice
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murchmustangs View Post
    Do you have another version of the software? I only have the Build 4868.
    I have the same version, but portable (It's just 1 file) to me works better than other versions but when i run this software i give it administrator rights

PW : same as always

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 45 posts):

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Juana For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread