+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [REQUEST] Garamond 3 LT Pro + Garamond MT Pro

Member Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks

[REQUEST] Garamond 3 LT Pro + Garamond MT Pro

Really just looking for a re-up of this excellent post http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/[fonts]-garamond-3-lt-pro-garamond-mt-pro-filling-request-21844/ but it's frowned upon to dig up ancient posts.

Absolutely a fan of Claude Garamont and would appreciate these cuts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Composed For This Useful Post:

Member wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of wordnerd has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Composed View Post
    Really just looking for a re-up of this excellent post http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/[fonts]-garamond-3-lt-pro-garamond-mt-pro-filling-request-21844/ but it's frowned upon to dig up ancient posts.

Absolutely a fan of Claude Garamont and would appreciate these cuts.
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 10 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wordnerd For This Useful Post:

Member giulia is a jewel in the rough giulia is a jewel in the rough giulia is a jewel in the rough giulia is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    Unfortunately these digital cuts are quite a poor thing compared to the metal typefaces...

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,115 Times in 757 Posts
    Giulia what do you think of these:

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Code:
    Code:
    ?

I presume you have tried out the above share.
    Last edited by davisfirs; 12-08-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Member giulia is a jewel in the rough giulia is a jewel in the rough giulia is a jewel in the rough giulia is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    It makes a great difference between the fonts you mentioned and my own private collection of garamond typefaces. The first are drawn and digitized for all-size purpose and are generally flat, shape/contour is too "clean", and most of all color, if you know what I mean, is quite weak. But that's something you can't avoid.
    My own private garamond collection - garamond no. 3, no. 6, no. 9, no. 49, no. 100 - which I got from the photo typesetting and re-worked in otf format, reflects all the metal "imperfection" and once you try them on offset printing, you would never get back to standard digital typography. I'll get some specimen ready and post them,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to giulia For This Useful Post:

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,115 Times in 757 Posts
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 5 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

Thanks
    Actually, not quite the same... In fact, what I'm talking about is the poor quality of current digitized versions of old'n'glorious typefaces, but obviously, because otherwise it would take a great deal of time and money to digitize fonts which should be sold at almost unaffordable prices. Anyway, still some little improvements are possible in a medium range, so why not?

Member Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia View Post
    It makes a great difference between the fonts you mentioned and my own private collection of garamond typefaces. The first are drawn and digitized for all-size purpose and are generally flat, shape/contour is too "clean", and most of all color, if you know what I mean, is quite weak. But that's something you can't avoid.
    My own private garamond collection - garamond no. 3, no. 6, no. 9, no. 49, no. 100 - which I got from the photo typesetting and re-worked in otf format, reflects all the metal "imperfection" and once you try them on offset printing, you would never get back to standard digital typography. I'll get some specimen ready and post them,
    Any chance you could open up the collection and share your privates with us?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Composed View Post
    Any chance you could open up the collection and share your privates with us?
    I'm afraid I can't... I'm sorry for that, but please, be comprehensive, it took me many years to get my collection set up and tested for printing, and now I'am using it only for a range of selected works worldwide. Anyway I'll post a specimen as soon as ready, just to come up to some comments from you, guys .....

+ Reply to Thread