+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trola (Tipografies) 2013 WF Updated

Moderator swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,527 Times in 702 Posts

Trola (Tipografies) 2013 WF Updated

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Trola (lie in Valencian) is a family related to Bulo. They share the same skeleton, but Trola has a completely different flavor. Its unusual proportions makes it particularly recommended for generous sizes to fit in tight spaces. It can also be considered a headline font with a moderate contrast to gain presence and make a stronger screen display. Enjoy it.
    Trola (2013)
    Tipografies

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 5 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

Swit™
    Last edited by swit; 12-11-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Banned p3drolo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thank you SWIT.

This font is made by a spanish typographer, and i have been looking for it.
    This font is made for press and newspapers with the name "Trola" (and the companion
    "Bulo") that means in coloquial and informal spanish "Lie"... hahahaha

Moderator swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 5 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

Thanks
    Now, converting a .woff file, which is mainly a compressed .otf file, to .ttf (i mean using our batches calling any2ttf), may cause to lose the Opentype features, is that right ?

Then, it seems that Transtype is not working with command lines, which would add an additional manual stage. So, i was wondering : and about a woff to otf conversion using Python ? Did you get some good results ?

Thanks
    I've quickly looked at some of my recent rips using a complete alphabet in Ai. They seem ok, no weird nodes (i've checked quickly though). Even about Trola, only the semibold weight have some probs. I mean : it seems that weird nodes are not a standard, but an exception.

Though, i'll convert as ttf from now and convert them through Transtype, and more carefully test my rips in the future. I would want to thank you to have pointed it out.

I've checked your MF counter hehe. I'll try to adapt it to my batch by calling it, and will let you know if it works well.

Thanks
    Note 11.12.13 : i made a new rip, you get proper OTFs converted from TTFs ;)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread