+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEFT OF FILES, our forum is being attacked by LEECHES

Moderator morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,102 Times in 420 Posts

Angry THEFT OF FILES, our forum is being attacked by LEECHES

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 5 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

I reiterate them, who deems it necessary, have the freedom to remove your links.

[IMG]
    [/IMG] 92 Files leech

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    [/IMG] 86 Files

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    [IMG]
    [/IMG] 88 files

[IMG]
    [/IMG] 85 files

[IMG]
    [/IMG] Another user explaining how hard it is to steal and demand work.
    Last edited by morpheo1967; 03-08-2016 at 03:48 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morpheo1967 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,115 Times in 757 Posts
    Are these recent posts? Can't find them in a Google search. Can't really see your hidden info because of size of hide boxes. Do you mean IS under attack or WAS?

Moderator morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute morpheo1967 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,102 Times in 420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davisfirs View Post
    Are these recent posts? Can't find them in a Google search. Can't really see your hidden info because of size of hide boxes. Do you mean IS under attack or WAS?
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 50 posts):

Member nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future nycionx has a brilliant future
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 149 Posts

Member slick is a jewel in the rough slick is a jewel in the rough slick is a jewel in the rough slick is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheo1967 View Post
    I reiterate them, who deems it necessary, have the freedom to remove your links....
    this is the .vk topic:

i think that when you're running a forum (which is basicaly a 'warez' forum, 'cause we don't have much technical discussions here) that accepts donors as full members and charges them with nearly 200,00€ for a membership, that is quite normal.

most 'donors' basicaly are 'leeches' with money to throw away.

people who pay 0,5 bitcoin to be full members of prc feel entitled to do what they want with the content of this forum (i would too).
    they paid for it! and it wasn't cheap...

the deni dolan character is just another one...
    some months ago i reported a guy nicknamed 'rambler' that had a site that supplied prc links per request. rambler must have been banned in the meanwhile because he stopped posting links.
    and deni is mainly posting fonts anyone can get off of google, rambler was worse he'd post anything you'd ask him.

one thing i know... i know who's NOT to blame, and that would be me and the remaining prc 'ordinary' members, since we (or at least i) only have access to our own posts in the 'Full Software', 'Full Plugins' and 'Installer or Patch...' sections.

i guess you'll have to learn to live with it, or stop posting illegal stuff, i did, when i found out that the chinese were only interested in selling my patches at taobao (and one of them was a moderator of Cee Pee Cee ).

cheers
    -s

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slick For This Useful Post:

Senior Member davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute davisfirs has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Deni Dolan is an a*****e. That does not mean every member at vk.com is the same. At a guess N.Dead Lion was a member here once but was banned for something.

Apologies if any (on printroot) are offended.
    Did this lioness from the same pride kill him for a quick snack?

BTW it's called "Typeface After All". (How did I know!?!)
    Last edited by davisfirs; 03-08-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks

Junior Member drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all drkhaos is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Apologies in advance if this sounds way too "business-like" or philosophical, but in the long-term, I hope it may indeed be helpful...

First, a small admission: back in 2012, in the middle of what I normally do (I am, primarily, an economic and moral philosopher... but I do from time to time advise an old... some say ancient institution, in matters of the restoration of historical documents), I was asked to design a poster for a friend that was to mimic an old WWII poster... so, I went in search of a font (having zero knowledge or experience in the legal/ownership aspects of fonts). Someone on "fonts101.com" helped out, and I began a strange journey into the world of fonts, legal and not.

For a great number of reasons perhaps too complex to get into here and now, I have continued to purchase, find, and share fonts when and where possible... but with my own specific "moral philosophical" conditions: that folks truly "love", purchase, share, and practically use fonts (and certainly, when necessary, rip fonts). I have come to understand that graphic designers simply cannot afford to purchase all the assets they need (fonts and artwork)... and if a forum like printroot (and/or others) can help designers, then certainly, we can and should help each other.

But it has been somewhat strange to watch folks simply "collect" fonts without actually knowing what they were "collecting". And this came to a dramatic head when a number of folks began "ripping" fonts without any understanding or technical skills at all... at first, for a few months, I studied the fonts being shared in this forum and other others, and all but a couple dozen were worthless (technically)... bad outlines... no renaming... no nothing... and the more recent flood of creativemarket.com handdrawn fonts is truly alarming (they are simply unusable in professional circumstances... perhaps nice for wedding invitations or something like that, but otherwise unusable in professional circumstances)...

When those of us who "loved" fonts attempted to help to identify badly done rips, moderators were quick to silence us... even going as far as banning a great number of folks (just look at printroot's "fonts page"... glaring warning that if you want to prevent from being PERMANENTLY BANNED, then you MUST follow whatever rules some "A-personality moderator" determines... and just look at the number of banned members on this forum)... so... just where is the "love"? Another philosopher once noted, weak people create rules... natural rules are naturally strong and even desirable...

In the end, the owners of sites such as printroot (and others) have a decision to make: are you interested in helping (and loving) artists and designers (including, by the way, font designers themselves), or are you interested in selling advertising (which what appears to be your primary objective)? Until you deal with that question, printroot becomes exactly what it has become: joyful thieves stealing from angry thieves.

Yours,

Khaos

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to drkhaos For This Useful Post:

Member Memento mori is just really nice Memento mori is just really nice Memento mori is just really nice Memento mori is just really nice
    Thanks
    Wow, drkhaos, I didn't know that ppl was banned trying to correct the badly done rips. I didn't know why people are banned so much? I thought they were spamming? It's you who told me that a lot of WF rips are trashes. I stopped ripping fonts and only share the originals from that time.

I have the ultimate love for typography, and I like to collecting fonts for my hobby. Recently I got a job, that I can sometimes purchase discounted fonts, I wanted to share them here. But this is too much. They're just taking everything and give nothing back. I tried to gather more member to a facebook group and only share the originals, but seems like almost no one is interested.

I don't know what to do now.

Normal Member thito is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    What if we upload the files with 5 or 7 days to expire? If somebody wants the file again just ask in the topic for a re-upload.

14. Your ad here

Thanks
    sharesend now deletes the files after 7 days.

Normal Member thito is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well, any conclusion? What we'll do? Abandon the forum? Please guys, let's keep sharing and find a security way to do it.

+ Reply to Thread