+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desire (CBdO Fonts)

Member diegoik is just really nice diegoik is just really nice diegoik is just really nice diegoik is just really nice diegoik is just really nice
    Thanks

Desire (CBdO Fonts)

About this font family

With over years of design and development, Desire is a pursuit of epic proportions and ready to make a statement by adding elegance and unique flair to your next design project.

Cultivated by his passion of letters, Charles Borges de Oliveira has developed of his largest typefaces to date. Featuring 644 alternate letters, 98 ligatures, 8 flourishes and 6 catchwords, Desire offers an expansive set of options to create logos, headlines and titling. It is well suited for book covers, editorial, packaging, advertising, branding and more. From period style and Victorian to modern and elegant, Desire is strong and stately yet elegant and decorous. Some of the alternate uppercase forms feature delicate line flourishes creating a subtle background for additional letters to rest – the result is an intertwining and beautifully flourished design. Unique ligatures go beyond function and add eye catching flair and style.

You'll enjoy experimenting with the different flourishes and styles. It’s a different font every time you use it.

Desire is truly a designer’s dream come true!

Designers: Charles Borges de Oliveira
    Design date: 2013
    Publisher: CBdO Fonts

Info:
    http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/charlesborges/desire/

Webfont Rip, 981 glyphs

1xOTF

Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 30 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

If you liked click Thanks!!
    Last edited by diegoik; 11-10-2013 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Changed Title and added info

Banned Curious has a spectacular aura about Curious has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks

What is a RIP?

Please explain.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious For This Useful Post:

Moderator swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,527 Times in 702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    Please explain.
    A rip is the operation of 1) grabbing raw files (.WOFF files, which are compressed OTF fonts for web usage) from various sources (myfonts, fontspring, fontdeck, typekit etc.), 2) then converting them to OTF (using Fontforge or nycionx batch files), 3) then renaming the core files (using any font editor like Fontlab's o n e s).

Swit.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

Banned Curious has a spectacular aura about Curious has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks

Red face I get it. Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by swit View Post
    A rip is the operation of 1) grabbing raw files (.WOFF files, which are compressed OTF fonts for web usage) from various sources (myfonts, fontspring, fontdeck, typekit etc.), 2) then converting them to OTF (using Fontforge or nycionx batch files), 3) then renaming the core files (using any font editor like Fontlab's o n e s).

Swit.
    But the font above (desire) does not contain the glyphs or the OTF ligatures. Why is that?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious For This Useful Post:

Moderator swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute swit has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    But the font above (desire) does not contain the glyphs or the OTF ligatures. Why is that?
    That version contains exactly the same number of glyphs (1015) than the rip i made and posted yesterday (http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/nu-hot-cbdo-desire-2013-wf-complete-glyphs-32502/), so i presume diegoik has ripped it from MF too ;) Both includes complete glyphs, so you have to look at the version of the software you are using (is it supporting alternative or ornaments ?), please refer to this table : https://www.typotheque.com/fonts/opentype_feature_support/

Swit.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm using Adobe Photoshop

That version contains exactly the same number of glyphs (1015) than the rip i made and posted yesterday (http://www.printroot.com/forum/f24/nu-hot-cbdo-desire-2013-wf-complete-glyphs-32502/), so i presume diegoik has ripped it from MF too ;) Both includes complete glyphs, so you have to look at the version of the software you are using (is it supporting alternative or ornaments ?), please refer to this table : https://www.typotheque.com/fonts/opentype_feature_support/

Swit.
    How do I access the swashes and ligatures via Adobe PS?

Thank you. That was most informative. I didn't know there's a software specialization devoted solely to font technologies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    How do I access the swashes and ligatures via Adobe PS?

Thank you. That was most informative. I didn't know there's a software specialization devoted solely to font technologies.
    PS is not ideal when dealing with opentype features. Try : Character > options (at right top) then you get some options you can tick.

Easier into Illustrator : Type > glyphs (http://layersmagazine.com/using-the-glyphs-panel-in-illustrator.html)

Swit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Talking Thank you. I now saw the glyphs.

PS is not ideal when dealing with opentype features. Try : Character > options (at right top) then you get some options you can tick.

Easier into Illustrator : Type > glyphs (http://layersmagazine.com/using-the-glyphs-panel-in-illustrator.html)

Swit.
    I'm used to OTF fonts whose ligatures and swashes could easily be seen from Adobe PS character box/menu.

Bonus question (since you seem to be the font software expert): How do I view the glyphs of this http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/dootype/encorpada-pro/black-italic/glyphs.html?render=webfont

in a demo tool like this: http://www.fontspring.com/fonts/dootype/encorpada-pro

Thank you thank you thank you, dear font-guru / font-lord.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm not a font expert, just a poor l o n esome type lover ;)

I'n not sure to understand your question... At Fontspring, simply click on "glyph map" tab to see glyphs. Note that FS does not always provide complete glyphs. At least, webfonts there are always incomplete and minimal.

Swit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to swit For This Useful Post:

Junior Member pippo1969 has a spectacular aura about pippo1969 has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks

nice

where i can find more information about this kind of fonts?

19. Your ad here

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pippo1969 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does the eminent "l-o-n-e-s-o-m-e type lover" happen to have

I'm not a font expert, just a poor l o n esome type lover ;)
    Swit.
    the Encorpada Pro Black Italic?
    With the Capital Letters alternative italic glyphs?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious For This Useful Post:

Member Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 84 Posts

Set feature for a wf-rip ?

How can I set feature for a wf-rip ?
    Kerning ? Ligatures ? Alter ?...

Thanks in advanced !

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiến Hoàng For This Useful Post:

Banned loskives1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    You could upload it otf?

Sorry, I had not seen that was already uploaded ....
    Thank you ...
    Last edited by loskives1; 11-04-2013 at 06:35 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to loskives1 For This Useful Post:

Member Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of Tiến Hoàng has much to be proud of
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loskives1 View Post
    You could upload it otf?

Sorry, I had not seen that was already uploaded ....
    Thank you ...
    This post was hidden by 30 post.
    You will see that if you have 30 post.
    Try your best.
    Upload usefull font without already posted.
    Don't upload free font. Example: dafont, fonts101,....

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiến Hoàng For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread