+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heidelberg Suprasetter Vs Kodak Trendsetter

Junior Member djshoi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Heidelberg Suprasetter Vs Kodak Trendsetter

We are planning to buy our very first CTP machine. We are torn between Heidelberg Suprasetter and Kodak Trendsetter. I would like to get your honest opinion on which one will we purchase and maybe so pros and cons about these machines. Thanks in advance.

PRC Member saifou will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    put screen in compitition
    heidelberg vs kodak vs screen

Junior Member rooftop is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    All those three machines are great machines, what you need to consider is the workflow behind them and also the support.

If you considering a full workflow from Prepress-Press-Postpress then Heidelberg Workflow with Suprasetter should be the candidate. If not then the others are OK.

rgds

Junior Member rafael_dvg is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

CtP Kodak

The advantage of the CtP Kodak is the possibility of upgrade without having that to change the equipment.

Thanks
    Deciding is harder than what I expected. I heard that Heidelberg units are more durable than Kodak units. Is this true?

Donor france is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Heidelberg

I use Heidelberg 3 years ago. Very good quality no problems But the local heidelberg agent tell me that laser is very expensive $45000 to change it

PRC Member saifou will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    ok
    the screen machine copatible with wide range of workflow if u consider the workflow is a key of succsess
    HQrip
    Celebrant
    XMF
    APOGE
    metadim
    founder

PRC Member Tony14 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    your choice should be driven by the type of plate you plan to use first. Then other criteria will take place such as productivity, resolution, price, etc... but the really first one is the type of plate.

PRC Member congproprint will become famous soon enough congproprint's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by france View Post
    I use Heidelberg 3 years ago. Very good quality no problems But the local heidelberg agent tell me that laser is very expensive $45000 to change it
    Realy? It is too expensive.

Thanks
    Really??? The machine cost around $140,000 including the processor, thats almost a third of its price.

11. Your ad here

Nemesis
    Both great machines but personally I would go with Suprasetter. I just hate the fact that with Kodak you need to call serviceman to do linearization of the plates, adjusting focus, laser strength, etc. And you have to do this for each plate manufacturer and plate type. With Heidelberg Suprasetter you can do that for yourself because it is not locked as it is at Kodak side.

PRC Member congproprint will become famous soon enough congproprint's Avatar
    Thanks
    you can choose Screen CTP, it's very good machine.

Member JohnQ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    What's model of your Heidelberg CTP and kind of laser head?
    JQ

Nemesis
    45 grand is quite expensive. I don't believe it cost that much. And in thermal technology that Heidelberg forces there are multiple laser diodes instead the "head" (meant as one laser diode source). And in my experience they can't all get broken at once except if they are struck by a lightning . And if you are repairing it you are repairing diode that doesn't work. Heideberg CtP like Topsetter and Syprasetter they have laser diodes test to see in which conditions they are. So it will tell you which laser diode is not operational or it have some deviation.

Also deviation can be produced at least in Topsetter CtP if you are using ablative plates. Topsetter doesn't have "vacuum cleaner" to suck in debris if ablative plates are used and dust can fall onto laser diodes and it will show you a slight deviation when distributing energy. That problem usually is resolved by cleaning the laser diode. On the other hand Suprasetter does have "vacuum cleaner" and suck in debris of ablative plates. But generally you should avoid ablative plates.

And finally when laser diodes break is their end of usable lifetime. So after some time (years I guess) naturally they will fail. But in years of production that CtP payed it itself multiple times and not to mention flexibility that you can have plates ready in minutes for production.
    Last edited by Nemesis; 08-15-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Junior Member rooftop is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Heidelberg Suprasetter using laser module. Each module have 64 laser beam output. The machine configuration can be different depend how many laser module you want to use according to the productivity that you need.

You can have Suprasetter A series that only have one laser module as an entry level machine.

The other model Suprasetter 105 (without A) have minimum 2 laser modules, so you have 128 laser beam works for your production. Later on you can upgrade to 3 laser modules and 5 laser modules. If I am not wrong it is up to 6 laser modules. The more the modules the higher your productivity.

Heidelberg also have the Suprasetter VLF (160 and 190, I cannot remember exactly).

If you have the multi modules laser then you need to do the stitching one module to the other module. The machine console have and will guide the procedure to do that.

About failure of the laser module, some of the beams can be fails and the system will look for the small part of the beams and switch them off, while the rest of the big part of the beams still on and producing plate only the system will also sync the drum speed to compensate it. You can still do production even your laser modules have failure, and you can order the replacement without disturbing production..

rgds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast