+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Esko CDI and Kodak Prinergy Evo

Banned msmhms is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Esko CDI and Kodak Prinergy Evo

I would like to ask some insight to flexo guys in PR.
    Are there anyone tried to use Kodak RIP and imager as CDI for flexo plate making?
    The reason why I'm interested in is because, Kodak Maxtone CX with Hyperflex dots looks very similar to Esko HD screening. But Esko HD Screening, only work for 4000dpi. Also, Esko takes one hell of price for upgrade optic and software, if you decide it so. So, if any flexo plate makers who decided to stop upgrading Esko's workflow and stuck in 2540dpi and Esko software like version 10, like me..., I think it would be good alternative for the latest flexo solutions like surface patterning(SID), and good highlight dots. AFAIK, there is one important condition which is flat top dot capability. Let's assume that the first dot value in 175lpi is 1.2%.
    What do you think?

Junior Member dreamboxmk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

good for you

Quote Originally Posted by msmhms View Post
    I would like to ask some insight to flexo guys in PR.
    Are there anyone tried to use Kodak RIP and imager as CDI for flexo plate making?
    The reason why I'm interested in is because, Kodak Maxtone CX with Hyperflex dots looks very similar to Esko HD screening. But Esko HD Screening, only work for 4000dpi. Also, Esko takes one hell of price for upgrade optic and software, if you decide it so. So, if any flexo plate makers who decided to stop upgrading Esko's workflow and stuck in 2540dpi and Esko software like version 10, like me..., I think it would be good alternative for the latest flexo solutions like surface patterning(SID), and good highlight dots. AFAIK, there is one important condition which is flat top dot capability. Let's assume that the first dot value in 175lpi is 1.2%.
    What do you think?
    you are right in most, but in new optic on esko is not just 4000dpi, the harder and pci card is much better and stable, so if you have cdi with 2540 is importable wha version of card you have and what head of beam, if is good you can get good result if you good adjust like you say

Banned msmhms is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Thanks for your opinion

Meanwhile, since I have written this post, I tested that solution, and we have a good result on brightening the highlight area. Our beam is pretty old and doesn't look so sharp. What I found is actually the beam definition doesn't need to so sharp and no need for complete flat top. Just little bigger first dot value like 2% on 175lpi helps much more for brightening highlight.

+ Reply to Thread