+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: CTP Reccomendation

Junior Member halftone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi Shap - I have a very cheap offer of a 2000 Creo Lotem 800V CTP. + 1 Cassette Loader + Online Kodak Processor with Stacker + Brisque Impose RIP &n bsp. Could give me some some pros and cons on this unit and perhaps some tips on what to look out for since this unit is over a decade years old. How much is the diodes of this unit?

As I've said CTP is new to me...But Im familiar with Dolev800V CTFs.

Thanks is advance

Donor Shap will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

RE: Lotem 800V recommended

Hi Halftone,
    Please refer to this earlier thread, I believe it answers your question about the Laser Diodes:
    http://www.printroot.com/forum/f34/what-different-between-quantum-non-quantum-thermal-head-6972/#post33591

My own Lotem 800V is also about 10 yrs old as well. To date we replaced one diode only. Routine maintenance as well as all technical problems were done outside of the Scitex/Creo/Kodak service, that we discontinued a few years ago, when we realized we were paying annually half the value of a similar, secondhand machine.

I believe that if you already have a Dolev 800 (me too, BTW), you are already familiar with Kodak service options, as well as freelance Ex-Scitex experts in your part of the world.
    Your best bet is to get a qualified technician to assess the machines condition.
    Try to talk to whoever maintained it.
    See the said Lotem in operation, measure the speed (how many plates per hour) at the resolution you require.
    Examine a few plates closely to see if they are free from defects.

I shall try to answer further questions, to the best of my (admittedly limited) experience and general knowledge.

Junior Member xmynhon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I want to buy CTP recorder.
    The Dainippon Screeen agent offers me PlateRite 8600M - 20 plates B1 per our.
    I head that this PT 8600M is assembied in China.
    Any one advice me buy this or not ?
    Thank in advace

Junior Member sellergameboy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The most important thing, is to have the support from the supplier, right now we have 2 trendsetter 800, one from 2004 and the other from 2011 just bought in september, we haven got any major issue with them, and the support from the vendor has been excellent, so I think the support is the first thing to be thinking.

Donor willie0869 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi xmynhon,

The 8600 (and Screen devices in general) is an extremely reliable machine. Just ask the agent about a service contract... he will very likely say not to buy one because they hardly ever go down. A lot of Fuji, Agfa, and other mfg units are actually made by Screen.

Junior Member velikimeda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi,

we have 2 luescher and 2 basys ctp with conventional plates, and one luescher with thermal plates. work 6 years without major malfunctions. my recommendation is luescher with thermal plates (cheaper variant) or basys with conventional negative plates

Junior Member spnac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by halftone View Post
    Hi Shap - I have a very cheap offer of a 2000 Creo Lotem 800V CTP. + 1 Cassette Loader + Online Kodak Processor with Stacker + Brisque Impose RIP &n bsp. Could give me some some pros and cons on this unit and perhaps some tips on what to look out for since this unit is over a decade years old. How much is the diodes of this unit?

As I've said CTP is new to me...But Im familiar with Dolev800V CTFs.

Thanks is advance
    Hi halftone,
    This CTP make around 16 process plates/hour.
    You can use also procesless plates like Thermal Direct with this CTP.
    You have to see if all the FCOs are implemented in this machine (important).
    If you get a good price i think that is a great machine with a good rip.
    Regards.

Junior Member shiv is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by halftone View Post
    Thank you all for the reply.

I am currently considering the Lotem800V and the Screen 8600 for Thermal. Currently have a good offer with Screen 8600, but I need more information about it.

xmynhon - do you have experience using Screen 8600? could you tell me more about it? pros and cons, necessary maintenance procedures, cost of laser diodes, plate brand to use? etc.

I am also considering Violet CTP. An offer of new Highwater Cobra 8 is good. Anyone use or know about this unit?

Thanks
    Better go for fuji violet machines if you choose violet. We use v9600 a good solid machine

Junior Member rizwankhan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Thermal CTP is the best

My recommendation is Trendsetter, Best machine, installed many and all are working since last many years.

20 watts head are available as an refurbished. low cost and high quality.

Member alliswell is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    ffei is better

11. Your ad here

Junior Member ignasy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    buy new one, without stacker and autoloader.
    Screen with a trueflow is really good.

Donor flexofanatic is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Screen or Kodak. Both very good machine.
    Kodak has good software to back it up

Moderator super silja will become famous soon enough super silja's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink kodak ?

Quote Originally Posted by flexofanatic View Post
    Screen or Kodak. Both very good machine.
    Kodak has good software to back it up
    kodak filled chapter 11
    think twice if you like to buy something from broke company
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
    |p|o|w|e|r| |t|o| |b|e| |y|o|u|r| |b|e|s|t|
    +-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

Junior Member rindraintsoa is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    what is the best chinese ctp?

Junior Member Freebob is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

buying CtP

There are several important factors to consider when buying a CtP system.

1. Size of plates: make sure that the CtP that you choose covers all the plate seize range that you have (from the smallest to the largest size)

2. Speed: try to choose a CtP that will make as many plates per hour as you need in your busiest production period (or even more, as speed varies depending on the plate brand and the type of job that you are printing)

3. Condition of the equipment: it is best to buy a system that is complete and guaranteed to work in your printshop (i.e. from a reputable dealer that offers warranty and installation). You can always ask to see the equipment in operation and examine the plates that the seller prints on your request. Beware of buying systems that are not in production for long time or are incomplete (no software, no dongles, etc.), as it may cost a lot of money to buy all the necessary items that are missing.
    Beware if buying obsolete technologies i.e. CtP for green plates (Agfa Antares, CSI PlateJet), or CtP for silver based violet plates (older models of Agfa Galileo, Paladio, Heidelber Prosetter), as you may have problems with buying the plates and chemistry.

4. Installation: all CtP systems need professional graphic arts engineer trained in the particular CtP model to install it properly. Ask the seller if he can help you with the installation.

5. Technical service: consider who will service your equipment once it is installed. It is good to have local support for your system. I.e. if there are Creo engineers in your country, buy Creo CtP rather than Agfa etc.

6. Brand name: in my opinion it is best to buy a CtP model that is very popular on the market, as it guarantees easy access to technical service and parts when you need it in the future. Right now the most popular models seem to be following:
    Creo: Trendsetter, Lotem
    Screen: PlateRite
    Heidelberg: Suprasetter, Topsetter
    Kodak: Magnus

Good luck!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Freebob For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast