+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: CTP Reccomendation

Junior Member muskus2000 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ndoring10 View Post
    Helllo...

We now have Dolev4press CTF and we want to buy CTP in next few months... We have decided to buy thermal CTP, and we need advice what too buy... we are looking for CTP, 4 UP, 2005. and up, autoloader and stacker (optional)...
    On what to pay attention when buying used CTP... every suggestions and help we will be grateful...

Nino
    4-up, you can choose Lotemm 400 FH. This is manual loading. you can put conveyor processor and stacker online but ctp can be used manual too.

There is one another is Lotem 400 Quantum. Main difference is head type.

Quote Originally Posted by freshnet View Post
    The avalon CTPs is good result. Serial number up 2000
    The head type meaning is;

Loem FH, diodes can be replaced independantly. For the thermal head, you have to replace the complete head. However thera are quality differences of course.

For a medium quality printing company, Lotem 400 FH is a good choice

Quote Originally Posted by muskus2000 View Post
    The head type meaning is;

Loem FH, diodes can be replaced independantly. For the thermal head, you have to replace the complete head. However thera are quality differences of course.

For a medium quality printing company, Lotem 400 FH is a good choice
    Accento is 4-up. That is screen based Ctp. It is very difficult to adjust the lasers if a change is needed.

Avalon LF is 8-up. And you should be careful about buying. Because, for the thermal plates that needs high power head lifetime is decreasing...

Quote Originally Posted by muskus2000 View Post
    Accento is 4-up. That is screen based Ctp. It is very difficult to adjust the lasers if a change is needed.

Avalon LF is 8-up. And you should be careful about buying. Because, for the thermal plates that needs high power head lifetime is decreasing...
    Screen PTR and Avalon N series are almost the same machines. Loading and unloading mechanism is weak if you compare to Kodak Magnus or Trendsetter. Print quality is good, however, The head is too sensitive. You can damage head easily, if you do not use isolation acc to the static electricity
    Last edited by super silja; 11-22-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: repeated posts

Junior Member toughthrone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    we use esko platedriver 8, using violet plates. but i believe thermal plates are cheaper, so make sure your ctp uses thermal plates. if you need a processor glunz & jensen is good.

Kir
    Donor Kir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Buy Screen any 800ХХ models only with Infrared Laser Diode, and there will be no problems.

Junior Member ftame12 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    We have just installed Dart 4300S Thermal unit, 20 Full size 4-up plates per hour - smaller plates = more per hour. Unbaked run lengths are very good with Fuji "J" plate.
    A disadvantage we have, only Stock Internal Punch, Re-Punching plate for different presses is not accurate.

Junior Member alvindp is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    heidelberg suprasetters 75A is a durable machine and easy to use. the speed will be depending on how many heads your going to install.

Junior Member dbroj is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    1. Screen PR6600 or PR 8600 (GLV laser) - termal
    2. Lucher CTP - analog

Junior Member halftone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

CTP Reccomendation

Im a service bureau. Currently have a Dolev 450 and Dolev 800V. We are planning to add CTP service. What can you recommend Thermal or Violet? Which is cheaper and easy to maintain? Which has the longer running impression and longer laser lifespan? We're considering to get a USED CTP. What brand and model?

Only first hand experienced with recommended brand and model we would like to hear...i hope...

Member print2011 will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I'm 14 years in prepress. I have worked with:
    Heidelberg Hercules Pro (CTF)
    Primesetter 74 (CTF)
    Primesetter 102 (CTF)
    Suprasetter 74 (CTP)

RIP's - Delta from 5 to 8.1. Metadimention - 7.5.

Everything has bugs, but I made my choice. I like the level of service and quality of software.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to print2011 For This Useful Post:

Donor Shap will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Lotem 800V recommended

Having Dolevs, you already own Creo/Scitex rips and have a lot of experience with the CT/LW workflow.

Obviously, this indicates looking for a used Lotem.

You can use a Brisque (ver. 4 or later) as a "shooter" to expose 1bit tiff's created by any modern software rip.

I believe that in your case, this would be the most cost-effective solution.

This thread will add some technical insight:

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f34/what-different-between-quantum-non-quantum-thermal-head-6972/

Availability of service and spare parts at your location should be considered seriously.

Good luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shap For This Useful Post:

Junior Member xmynhon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I advice you choose used Screen 8600 seri. They are very stable and easy to mantenence and replace diod.
    RIP software depend on you money.

13. Your ad here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xmynhon For This Useful Post:

Junior Member halftone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the reply.

I am currently considering the Lotem800V and the Screen 8600 for Thermal. Currently have a good offer with Screen 8600, but I need more information about it.

xmynhon - do you have experience using Screen 8600? could you tell me more about it? pros and cons, necessary maintenance procedures, cost of laser diodes, plate brand to use? etc.

I am also considering Violet CTP. An offer of new Highwater Cobra 8 is good. Anyone use or know about this unit?

Thanks

Donor willie0869 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The Screen 8600 is a rock solid machine. Screen is one of the few manufacturers that has never actively tried to sell service contracts because their equipment has always been so reliable. You will get longer run lengths and more image stability with a thermal device. The thermal device will also be much more forgiving to changes in the climate of your room.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to willie0869 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member shiv is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    dainippon screen is a good machine

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shiv For This Useful Post:

Moderator kazanchi has a spectacular aura about kazanchi has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    dainippon screen is a good machine
    Screen's machines are so good that lot of manufacturers use them under OEM: Heidelberg, Agfa, Fuji and so on (not all but some of models)...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kazanchi For This Useful Post:

Donor Shap will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Which CTP machine

It is common knowledge - Screen's engineering is superb, they built exceptionally durable hardware.
    My personal experience is with the Lotem800V, which is generally a very reliable machine (except for the very first models).
    Many Lotems were sold, mainly because of their (once great) Brisque Front-End.
    Since the Lotems are no longer in production and their original Brisque rips (based on IBM Unix platforms) are nearly obsolete nowadays, many previously owned machines are now available at bargain prices.
    Parts and (freelance) expert support is readily available in many parts of the world.
    When considering second-hand equipment, the availability and cost of technical support are probably more important than initial cost.
    You can probably even buy a second machine for parts, at bargain prices.
    Good hunting!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shap For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast