+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheap CTP or Hoax?

Junior Member wamahiu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cheap CTP or Hoax?

Hi all,
    There is a company marketing an epson 9880 coupled to a software rip which they claim is able to image directly on positive plates for offset work. Has anybody had any experience with this system? It seems to have all the usual calibration and halftone capabilities but I cannot help questioning its dot smoothness, not to mention repeatability due to material transport issues, screen angle accuracy ...

Before you dismiss this, I saw the printed work quality and it rivals the traditional film process, or was it just a hoax???

Banned prepmaster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The guy who invented the process on the epson came to visit me and show off his stuff. The repeatability is okay as long as you stay within its limits. If the plates are done at the same time they register quite okay, but don't expect to do one plate again later. They say 175+ lpi, but actually only 150 offers good dots. Keep it for one color or two color work which does not require much trapping and you will be okay.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prepmaster For This Useful Post:

Member alliswell is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It is a waste of time and money.Forget it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alliswell For This Useful Post:

Banned prepmaster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Why do you say it is a waste of money. have you bought this?

Junior Member brdss is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    prepmaster/prepesster, stop posting as two different people. It is just silly.

Hopefully the mods/admin will see you posting under different names and ban you for trying to portray yourself as two different people.

Junior Member wamahiu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Is it practical

If this system can make decent plates, how come nobody is reporting having an installed and working system. All we get reports of are "demos" . If you have this installed please let me know if it is practical.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wamahiu For This Useful Post:

Junior Member brdss is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wamahiu View Post
    If this system can make decent plates, how come nobody is reporting having an installed and working system. All we get reports of are "demos" . If you have this installed please let me know if it is practical.

wamahiu,

All the reports of "demos" are from the same guy posting under different accounts. Probably has some connection to the product and is just being deceitful in his effort to talk up the product.

BEWARE!

EDIT: Good job to the mods/admins. They banned the guy posting all the reports of "demos" of the product. That should give you a heads up on if the product is any good.
    Last edited by brdss; 08-11-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Junior Member rao9752 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    The guy who invented the process on the epson came to visit me and show off his stuff. The repeatability is okay as long as you stay within its limits. If the plates are done at the same time they register quite okay, but don't expect to do one plate again later. They say 175+ lpi, but actually only 150 offers good dots. Keep it for one color or two color work which does not require much trapping and you will be okay.
    I too heard about Epson printing of special plate but not on general ps plates, these plates are made specially for this process. But the technology is developed by "Colour Gate". All the software and supplies will be made through Colour Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by rao9752 View Post
    I too heard about Epson printing of special plate but not on general ps plates, these plates are made specially for this process. But the technology is developed by "Colour Gate". All the software and supplies will be made through Colour Gate.
    Check this site for further latest development. "http://www.colorgate.com/en/home.html".
    Last edited by super silja; 08-29-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: don't flood

Junior Member johnsmith8675309 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Just another example of the old adage that if something seems too good to be true, it probably isnt.

+ Reply to Thread