Installation and configuration of the USB cable/driver was straight forward enough and went as follows.
Ensure driver CD is in the computers drive.
Plug in the USB cable from cutter to PC and turn the power on.
At this point, the ‘New Hardware Detected’ wizard should start. Click on cancel.
Now go into the ‘Device Manager’ (to do this, right-click the ‘My Computer’ icon and select ‘Properties/Device Manager).
Under ‘Other Devices’, you should now find an entry titled ‘Unknown Device’. Right-click on it and select ‘Update Driver Software’.
When asked where you want to search for the driver software, click on ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
In the next screen, click on the ‘Browse’ button and navigate to ‘X:\SC(English)\LiyuDrv\CH341SER\DRIVER†™ (substitute ‘X’ with the drive letter of your CD/DVD drive) and click on the ‘Next’ button. This will now change the name from ‘Unknown Device’ to ‘USB-SERIAL CH341A (COMx) the x will be a number.
Right-click the updated entry, select ‘Properties’ and then select the ‘Port Settings’ tab at the top.
Change the flow control setting to ‘Hardware’ and then click on the ‘Advanced’ button.
Change the COM port number to either COM1 or COM2 (one or both should be unused).
Once selected, click on OK, click OK and then close the Device Manager.
You should now have the USB cable installed and correctly configured to use with the cutter. All you do at this point is to install the printer as described in the instructions included on the driver disc.

after hours and hours off trying to install the cutter and looking all over the internet i ended up finding this and worked right away so i hope this helps other people the credit goes to PeteJ728 for this