Elsevier - Digital Restoration from Start to Finish 2010 RETAiL EBook
Paperback, 446 Pages
ISBN 13: 978-0-240-81208-3
In DIGITAL RESTORATION From Start to Finish, I'll teach you how to restore faded and damaged photographic prints, films and glass plates, both B&W and color. In over 100,000 words and 500 illustrations (including 80 task-oriented "how-to's") I cover digital photo restoration from soup to nuts.
I tell you what kind of computer gear you need (less than you probably thought; you may already have everything you need and don't know it), what software to use, and how to scan your photos into the computer for best results. Next, in six information-packed chapters, I show you amazing techniques for turning hopeless-looking disaster cases into fine photographs. Then I teach you how to print them out to their best effect and preserve your finished restoration so your descendents can enjoy it.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Scan faded and damaged prints or films
- Improve snapshots with Shadow/Highlight adjustment
- Correct uneven exposure
- Fix color and skin tones quickly with Curves, plug-ins, and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers
- Correct uneven exposure and do dodging and burning-in with adjustment layers
- Hand-tint your photographs easily
- Correct skin tones with airbrush layers
- Clean up dust and scratches speedily and effectively
- Repair small and large cracks with masks and filters
- Eliminate tarnish and silvered-out spots from a photograph in just a few steps
- Minimize unwanted print surface textures
- Erase mildew spots
- Eliminate dots from newspaper photographs
- Increase sharpness and fine detailand
- Maximize print quality
Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.