+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Color correction tutoriasl/books?

Junior Member ecrm is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Color correction tutoriasl/books?

Does anyone have any recommandation for color correction for print?

I am still new to this, hope to learn more how people use curve, channel mixer....etc

Thanks

aaron125

Today is your lucky day!

I've been looking for these 3 tutorials for you as I know they will be just about perfect for learning exactly the skills you mentioned. Just found them again little while ago.

But the absolute best one for you, I can't seem to find anywhere. It is called 'Photoshop Tone, Exposure and Color Correction DVD by Katrin Eismann'. She is an extermely well known world renowned retoucher and incredibly good at what she does and a capable teacher. I have this DVD but I'm not gonna upload all 4.4GB worth of it. I don't mind posting you a physical copy of the DVD through snail mail if you can't find it anywhere though.

For now, DL and work through the following, you will undoubtedly gain a massive working knowledge of everything you asked about and far more as well. Enjoy!

Lynda.com Photoshop CS5: Portrait Retouching Size: 2 GB
    In Photoshop CS5: Portrait Retouching, professional photographer and instructor Chris Orwig uses his extensive experience with Photoshop to focus on the specific tools every photographer needs to adjust images and keep them looking genuine. This course explores this program’s deep resources for portrait retouching and inspires photographers to do their creative best with everything from blemishes to backdrops. Exercise files are included with the course.
    Topics include:

Understanding the art of retouching
    Correcting overall white balance
    Using color correction tools to correct skin tone
    Using Content-Aware Fill
    Detailing and improving eyes and other facial features
    Working with the Camera Raw Adjustment Brush
    Adding and improving hair
    Whitening and brightening teeth
    Softening skin and enhancing makeup
    Reviewing the final workflow for the best work possible

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.
    Code:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

aaron125

Here's another one for ya

Lynda.com Photoshop CS5: Fashion Retouching Projects Size: 1.87 GB

Join professional photographer and instructor Chris Orwig in Photoshop CS5: Fashion Retouching Projects, as he demonstrates how to enhance and correct photographs for the fashion industry. This course covers retouching techniques such as color, contrast, and tone improvements, wrinkle reduction, skin smoothing, enhancing the eyes, lips, and hair, shape modification using Liquify, and background cleanup. Projects include a commercial fashion campaign and a natural beauty shoot, focusing on corrections that bring out the existing strengths of the photograph without marring the original intent. Exercise files are included with the course.
    Topics include:

Changing clothing drape or shape
    Modifying the background
    Working with shadows and highlights
    Improving color
    Adding blur
    Cleaning up flyaway hairs
    High pass sharpening
    Adjusting eyes and eyebrows
    Reducing shadows around the eyes
    Making creative adjustments with color
    Removing wrinkles and smoothing skin texture
    Cropping

Code:
    Code:
    Code:

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaron125 For This Useful Post:

Junior Member ecrm is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks aaron, you are da man!

I will work through video and will let you know if I still need the DVD by Katrin Eismann.
    I am downloading it right now.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread