I'm looking for any cracked/undongled version of SCP applications:
- Colorado: Large Format Scan/Copy application
- DaylightRIP: RIP-Software
- Reprocontrol: Output management for LFP
Yeah, I guess, all of these applications use the same protection scheme. So if anyone is able to bypass the dongle check and find out how the serial number calculation (key is bound to the dongle's serial and varies for different feature-sets and/or time limited trial) then we might get a working solutions for all SCP and KIP applications.
I do already have a working dongle dump for KIP Color and access to a few different keys which may help in studying the algorithm but my assembler knowledge is quite limited :-(
Just as a sidenote: All SCP apps are available on ftp.scp.de
I do not think there will have person would like to share :-(
Yes, I'm afraid, you're right. I think the problem is that there is no working patch or solution available.
So we have to work on our own. Basically, I see the following tasks:
- get installation packages (done)
- unpack and fix the UPXed executable
- remove anti-debugging tricks
- bypass the donglechecks or get a dongle dump (maybe that's not needed)
- patch the registration process, write a keygen or remove the demo-label
Although I have some basic knowledge in using disassemblers, these apps are protected in really paranoid way. At the moment I'm stuck at the UPX problem. I do get an unpacked executable which even loads in a debugger but suddenly quits after adding printers :-(
That's a real challenge and any (!) help would be really appreciated!