+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reset Epson Stylus Pro 7880 from "Service Error"

PRC Member SimonCharlie will become famous soon enough SimonCharlie will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Reset Epson Stylus Pro 7880 from "Service Error"

Hi all,

Does any know how to bypass or reset this error "Service Call 00000101"?

(The "00000101" is an Carriage Motor counter reset error).

I have tried using the Adjustment Wizard for the 7880 but it will not communicate with the printer when you try to reset counters in ServiceMan mode.

This error seems to "lock" the printer which if I call an engineer out, will cost 100's! What a rip off by Epson!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sc

Moderator babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonCharlie View Post
    Hi all,

Does any know how to bypass or reset this error "Service Call 00000101"?

(The "00000101" is an Carriage Motor counter reset error).

I have tried using the Adjustment Wizard for the 7880 but it will not communicate with the printer when you try to reset counters in ServiceMan mode.

This error seems to "lock" the printer which if I call an engineer out, will cost 100's! What a rip off by Epson!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sc
    Hi Brother, don't use the Adjustment Wizard instead use the reset mode in the panel
    first power off your machine, then before you power on, push and hold the left,down,right and menu button at the same time then push the power on hold it for just about 3-5 secs, then menu for service mode will appear, look into the parameter, then carriage motor select initialized to reset it...

Hope this will help your problem... God Bless
    "People with a good Heart...is a good Person...God Bless"

PRC Member SimonCharlie will become famous soon enough SimonCharlie will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Hi There babajingjumong,

I did try this, but no luck, the display went straight to the error code, there was no service menu at all. I believe this trick might have worked on a 7800 machine, but this is a newer 7880 machine, which I understand works differently.

Do you have any other tricks I could try?

Thanks again and Bless

Sc

Moderator babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong's Avatar
    Thanks

hi brother

Quote Originally Posted by SimonCharlie View Post
    Hi There babajingjumong,

I did try this, but no luck, the display went straight to the error code, there was no service menu at all. I believe this trick might have worked on a 7800 machine, but this is a newer 7880 machine, which I understand works differently.

Do you have any other tricks I could try?

Thanks again and Bless

Sc

7800 and 7880 have no different regarding to the panel error, the different between is the 7880 is supported of RGB calibration and HT,

I will look to my files, i have a service manual for that, are you sure you can't enter in service mode? by pressing and holding power button first then left down right button?

God Bless
    "People with a good Heart...is a good Person...God Bless"

+ Reply to Thread