+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iris 43 Wide

Member tuoigin will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

IrisWide

I have IrisWide proof Printer, but it only support with Creo brisque. Anyone help me, show me the way print direct from Window and Mac.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by tuoigin; 12-12-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Member josemapenta is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cool

Don't know how Iris work, but know a little of brisque... Is your printer using tiff-it files to print? if so I can upload some utilities to make it work with any other system (pdf or ps files).
    Regards.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by josemapenta View Post
    Don't know how Iris work, but know a little of brisque... Is your printer using tiff-it files to print? if so I can upload some utilities to make it work with any other system (pdf or ps files).
    Regards.
    Thanks for your help. My BrisqueRip don't have license for input or output Tiff-IT. Do you have utilites to convert CT/LW file from Bisquerip to Tiff-IT? Can you upload some ulilities which you have?
    Best regards.
    Last edited by tuoigin; 12-12-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks

Exclamation

Well, I have the complete workflow ArtQuest Crescendo (cr'kd) and with it you can use any type of tiff-it flavours. Brisque CT/LW (contone tiff/LineWork tiff) files are tiff-it alike so I think it can work. Crescendo uses jaws rip and Harlequin (with an "special" plugin to output tiff-it in some flavours) so I think you can use this part to make CT/LW files from any source supported by Harlequin (pdf, ps...) and then your printer can print from that (CT/LW).
    Please clarify if I'm wrong, do you need CT/LW to use your printer? I think you want to use that pinter without brisque workflow or you can print to that workflow to make output to the Iris...

Thanks
    Well, I have the complete workflow ArtQuest Crescendo (cr'kd) and with it you can use any type of tiff-it flavours. Brisque CT/LW (contone tiff/LineWork tiff) files are tiff-it alike so I think it can work. Crescendo uses jaws rip and Harlequin (with an "special" plugin to output tiff-it in some flavours) so I think you can use this part to make CT/LW files from any source supported by Harlequin (pdf, ps...) and then your printer can print from that (CT/LW).
    Please clarify if I'm wrong, do you need CT/LW to use your printer? I think you want to use that pinter without brisque workflow or you can print to that workflow to make output to the Iris...
    I've 2 system rip : Harlequinrip, Brisquerip and Iris only connect to Brisquerip. I want to : Print file which rip from harlaequin to Iris. But my Brisquerip don't have license for Tiff-It, so don't print file that rip from Harlequin. Could you show me the way to connect 2 system rip with iris. Or the way to convert Tiff-IT from Harlequin to Brisque CT/LW, or invert.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by tuoigin; 12-12-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tuoigin View Post
    I've 2 system rip : Harlequin rip, Brisque rip and Iris only connect to Brisque rip. I want to : Print file which rip from harlaequin to Iris. But my Brisque rip don't have license for Tiff-It, so don't print file that rip from Harlequin. Could you show me the way to connect 2 system rip with iris. Or the way to convert Tiff-IT from Harlequin to Brisque CT/LW, or invert.
    Thanks.
    Let me some hours to prepare my copy of harlequin with its plugin that outputs CT/LW to upload it..

You can test the Xitron linked [URL="http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/xitron-navigator-8-1-rip-446/"]here[/URL], if it has all plugins licensed, it has the CT/LW output, so you ca use it and it is already uploaded!
    Good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to josemapenta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Let me some hours to prepare my copy of harlequin with its plugin that outputs CT/LW to upload it..

You can test the Xitron linked [URL="http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/xitron-navigator-8-1-rip-446/"]here[/URL], if it has all plugins licensed, it has theCT/LW output, so you ca use it and it is already uploaded!
    Good luck.
    I've try harlequinrip with plugin output Tiff-IT. But I don't Know, rip Tiff-It on Brisquerip. What is different between Tiff-It and BrisqueCT/LW? Do you have way to convert TiffB to TiffIT or BrisqueCT/LW. Thanks for your quick help.
    Best regard.
    Last edited by tuoigin; 12-12-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks

Smile

I've try harlequin rip with plugin output Tiff-IT. But I don't Know, rip Tiff-It on Brisque rip. What is different between Tiff-It and Brisque CT/LW? Do you have way to convert Tiff-B to Tiff-IT or Brisque CT/LW. Thanks for your quick help.
    Best regard.
    First of all, you have to learn what tiff-it, tiff-B or brisque CT/LW are, I mean that you don't have very clear that concepts...

The first ans more simple is the tiff-B (or tiff-1bit), it is a tiff with 1bit deep, so any pixel on it can be black o white (well, 1 or 0, or dot or don't dot). Usually tiff-B are made at 1200 or 2400 dpi (or 100dpmm/2540dpi) or something alike to direct output to CTP, film or other systems. This kind of file is good to store because there is no difference from it to the printed final. At the other hand is the bad thing, the tiff-B has to be characterized (it has the final screen so it has to be corrected to complain the dot gain of the printing machine, so this file is created to one print machine and is not exchangeable, almost if you want quality with no problems with the operators of the print machine) and this kind of file is very big (it can be compressed with CCIT G4 fax or Huffmann compressor but not supported by all the gateways on the market).

To prevent the two problems of the tiff-B (size an exchangeability), the tiff-it was burn. It is a format that is not rendered (it has not the screen) but is rasterized (ripped). But this kind of bitmaps are bigger than the 1bit ones (at the same resolution), then the tiff-it have separated files for different objects: LineWorks (vectorial objects in the postscript or PDF side like lines, texts, boxes...) are converted to 2400dpi, the complex vector objects (with gradients colors for example) are converted to 300dpi file (HC files) and the contone objects (photos) are rasterized to 300dpi too. Since here the global Tiff-IT, then there are some different flavours, tiff-IT1 (don't very sure about this kind, but is the more common, almost all systems that can import tiff-it are tiff-it1), tiff-IT8 (this is good known by me, the ArtQuest kind, one file for one separation, so a CMYK123 job has 7 files of contone, 7 files of linework) and the brisque flavour (CT/LW).
    The benefit of this type of files is that they are ripped (rasterized), no changes from this files to the final printing, only needs the screening (at this process the calibration for the dot gain too). The files are not too big and are device independent, at the final screening you must decide what kind of screen you want (AM, elliptical, round, square, stochastic, diamond, etc.) and the type of output (you can transform it to tiff-B or to "normal" tiff at 300dpi to print on a plotter or convert it to rasterized PDF to send by email...).

I don't know very well the structure of the brisque files, so if you can send to me a job that your Iris can print, I will check what can I do to help you.

Best regards from Spain.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to josemapenta For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Another solution

Apago software is a company specialized on exchange of type files for printing, so take a look to their homesite, the perfect utility for you is called piktor: http://www.apagoinc.com/prod_home.php?prod_id=21. They can send you a demo to check it.
    Regards.
    Last edited by pradmin; 12-12-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: read rules!live links to official sites not allowed. thx

Thanks
    Apago software is a company specialized on exchange of type files for printing, so take a look to their homesite, the perfect utility for you is called piktor: http://www.apagoinc.com/prod_home.php?prod_id=21. They can send you a demo to check it.
    Regards.
    Thank for you share, I'll try it.
    Best Regards.

13. Your ad here

PRC Member ChristianSTG will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Efi colorproof

I have IrisWide proof Printer, but it only support with Creo brisque. Anyone help me, show me the way print direct from Window and Mac.
    Thanks!
    EFI COLORPROOF 4.1 can print over you plotter

Thanks
    Really? direct from EFI to Iris? Can you help me?

Thanks

EFI colorproof Iris, sure?

I have been searching for support to Iris in Efi, and can't find it...

PRC Member ChristianSTG will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

YEs is posible

I have been searching for support to Iris in Efi, and can't find it...
    Is very simple, only find the IP of Iris proofer, and configure the EFI with Mutho or Epson 9000, and configure the port IP in the efi device direct to IP of Iris Proofer.

Mutho and Epson 9000 or 7000 sre same color engine wen print by TCPIP LPR.

By default port is 9600, but in config device from brisk you can see exact port, some times the is som LPR name all depend how to are configurated the Iris engine, really this is a Muto or epson 9000 engine.

Some times the profiles not is exact, but wen are configurated you can linearisation from EFI color manager, I recomended use Colorproof XF3.x or later, 2.6 or older not are stable.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianSTG For This Useful Post:

PRC Member tomcatinc is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Another solution is to print directly from Xitron to Iris. All you need is install GIRTL plugin for Xitron. This is something I tested and worked with until we sold the Iris43Wide.
    If you need, I can give you more detailed info.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tomcatinc For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast