Icefields for Mac OS X
Hi there does anyone have a full version of this software. It looks interesting I want to play around with it longer than a demo period.
Icefields - http://www.isisimaging.com/ICEFIELDS.html
Enables photographers to produce stochastic screened images on an image by image basis. Icefields is not a typical RIP. It creates halftone documents for off-line and off-site reproduction.
Icefields is used by:
- Photographers use Icefields to produce imagesetter film for digital platinum and dye prints.
- Graphic designers place the Icefields TIFF on an page instead of the usual contone photograph, ensuring reproduction quality.
- Prepress operators use Icefields to solve moire and detail reproduction problems in that one troublesome photograph.
Benefits to commercial printers using Icefields include:
- Reduces the amount of ink needed
- Provides a larger gamut than traditional halftones
- Eliminates moirÃ© patterns
- Displays greater detail
- Many more features