+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think of Corel Draw as design software?

Junior Member Alucard0696 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

What do you think of Corel Draw as design software?

I have little time to use Adobe tools, since most of my career I used CorelDRAW since version 8 to version X6, but now I use Adobe Illustrator, I feel that is unmatched any illustrator potential is immense both in design and print, which fail in CorelDRAW, however would like to know their different points of view.

Banned grizzlyitf is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    For me it is easier to use Illustrator when making logos or simple graphics and I am not good with Corel but been with Corel for almost a year there are tools which is hard to use but whats good in corel is that its very light and fast to load and also you can make multiple pages very helpfull when making multiple pages design like if its a book or something.
    But if youre gonna be designing for logos and stuff or banners i would prefer illustrator because it is very user friendly and you can find tons of tuts for ai compared to coreldraw which is very helpful when you are doing self study of that software.

Banned JohnGalt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Used to use it way back when, but I never actually liked the interface. Nowadays I won't touch it for compatibility reasons more than anything else—why work in an environment no one else uses?

Junior Member augustinermonch is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi Alucard0696,
    i'm in your opinion.

I work in a print shop and sometimes I get Corel files.
    The people who send the Corel files to me are private persons only.

The other problem is that these people do not, the program can not operate correctly and send unfinished files.

I think the reason for this is that Corel is often pre-installed on computers as OEM.

I prefer my Illustrator to work :)

Have a nice day!

Banned ronaldwrx is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Years ago I used to work in a sign shop, cutting vinyl etc and we used Corel Draw.. that was the only time I have encountered it and for simple type layouts for signs it was fine, and I do remember there were some things it could do at the time that Illustrator could not, but I think Illustrator is the standard now - and probably if I went back to the sign shop they would be using Illustrator.

Junior Member wiiwiiking is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I preferred Illustrator than CorelDraw. Maybe I am more used to it.

Banned cvetan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Corel Draw

I use Illustrator on a Mac. Haven't tried Corel--might have to learn since Abobe is going to subscription!

Banned froge is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I've never gotten around to use Corel Draw but keep hearing mixed reviews. I guess the Adobe Suites, being the industry standard, deters a lot of us newbies to it(?)

PRC Member johnlongthomas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Around the world Corel is used a lot more than Illustrator. You can drive a lot more different kinds of peripheral from Corel than Illustrator. This fascination for Illustrator is mostly in the Mac community, which as we all know, is a small minority of users. For pure design Illustrator is arguably better, but if you are in a multi facet production environment Corel is better. I drive laser engravers, embroidery machines and cutting tables directly out of Corel. Can you do this from Illustrator?

I always think of the Illustrator crowd as being those designers who design things without any knowledge of the process of production thus causing problems and expense for everybody except themselves. If you do not design with the limits of technology in mind of what use are you? Are you even a designer at all?

+ Reply to Thread