Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Which printer do you use?

Junior Member cristiangabi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Epson Printhead info

I can't find detailed specifications for Epson print heads DX4/ DX5/ DX7. For now I have:
    Epson DX4: drop size: 3,5-10,5pl (3 drop size)/ nozzels: 2x180/ Freqency: 8KHz -typical i guess at 3 drops mode (SML)

Epson DX5: drop size: 3,5-10,5pl (3 drop size)/ nozzels: 8x180/ Freqency: 8KHz - typical i guess at 3 drops mode (SML)

Epson DX7: drop size: 1,5-21pl / nozzles: 8x180

I need the correct print head frequency for different printing modes

The frequency is higher (but is not calculated with a formula) if the print head is printing only with 2 or 1 gray scale (eg: SM or S dot size at Roland printers) (DX4/ DX5).

If you know the frequency you can calculate and set the Head Speed value for optimal quality.

The major problem with large format printers is that people set the Head speed value to high, the print quality gets worse in time and the print heads quickly reduce their lifespan.

Please help. I'm working on a print heads specs database:
    http://cristiangabi.hostz.ro/index.php/utilaje-sign/38-viteza-capetelor-de-printare

Thank You.
    Last edited by cristiangabi; 04-13-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member elbargy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Epson 4900
    should be good
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Junior Member Insert Name Here is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VassoV View Post
    I consider my Epson Stylus Photo 1290 ink consuming but it is an old model (almost 10 years). Old models did not have separate ink cartridges which saves a lot of ink. I should recommend using the original inks as the cheap s result in clogged printheads (my experience). On the other hand in almost ten years my printer needed service only twice and I am still satisfied with the print quality. For optimum quality I use epson photo papers with the appropriate print profile. I think that I print up to 200 photos in photo quality mode or about 300 A4 pages in plain paper speed mode.
    I would say personally that if the main printer does not have separate ink cartridges then it really makes sense for me to get a printer that allows it, preferably with a CMYK or CMYK+grey model. However, we live in a time where everything is disposable, but it doesn't mean you have to get a printer that lasts 2-3 years before thinking of a new printer. Once again, low prices shouldn't be a factor when buying a new printer, it's the best quality and capacity within the budget (My Canon goes up to A3).
    Last edited by Insert Name Here; 04-13-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Donor CagedCartel is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Epson WF-7015 uses resettable 4 cartidge cymk great for printing A3 transfers and sublimation. We use this even though we have 4800, 7880 and a 9700 epson

Junior Member angelius is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Using Epson Stylus Pro7880 since 3 years. Only problem is it doesnt print white.

Junior Member registrar is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Epson Stylus Photo 1390

In Malaysia, we do not have much choice. Cheapest A3 is Epson Stylus Photo 1390, otherwise is R2000 or R3000.

Junior Member MacFresco is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Epson 4880

Epson 4880 is a great machine, ink is a little pricey but same with most decent printers.. If your running large runs i would get quotes elsewhere, as you will prob find out that it is a much cheaper option.

Good luck.

Junior Member aodxxl is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    At our firm we curently promote the Epson R3000 with refilable cartriges. It easy gets 30k prints before it requires a general teardown and service. After that it runs for another 30k prints. Its only an A3+ format printer but its the best for people who want to start theyre own mini photo labs.

IF you want something bigger never go for the 4900 as it's verry limited . GO for at least 3880 and a max 7890 or a 7900 if you plan on printing allot and big.

And yes i recommend only epson printers because hp and cannons dont have as accurate colours and are not verry serviceable. Also try to find alternatives to original ink and paper as the original can set you back allot and not verry profitable

Banned Chenliang is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks
    Roland Vp-540i and Canon ip8100

Junior Member alvin is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    canon ix4000 4color

11. Your ad here

Donor Math-ematics is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Epson 1400.

Looking to get CIS system

Donor danlev is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Epson

Get an Epson! Make sure you can print at least a 12X18 sheet. This way you can print 11X17 full bleed.
    Good luck

BMO
    Junior Member BMO is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Epson 9900

We Use the Epson 9900 with the added Epson SpectroProofer 44".
    I love the printer and quality of proofs, but after using the Epson SpectroProofer 44" attachment, my opinion is that we get more accurate color readings from our X-rite I system.

Banned amidjang is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

R1800

Still sticking with Epson R1800. Never a let down

Junior Member adihamo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    We used HP 5000 n Lasrerjet

Works great even though we bought it second hand

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast